- None of Feanor’s sons are prepared to rescue Maedhros from Thangorodrim. Out of love for his friend, Fingon volunteers to go instead.
- Thorondor flies Fingon to Angband, where they find Maedhros chained. Fingon has to climb the steep precipice to get to him. Unable to undo the chain, Fingon is forced to cut off Maedhros’ hand.
- Thorondor flies them back to Mithrim. Maedhros reunites with his brothers. In gratitude and repentance for the burning of the ships, Maedhros relinquishes claim as the heir of Finwe and appoints Fingolfin High King of the Noldor.
- Caranthir and Feanor’s sons disagree with what Maedhros has done.
- Finrod travels to Doriath, to speak with Thingol personally. There he sees his sister, Galadriel, again.
- Fingolfin calls all the elves to reunite in one cause.
- Finrod and Thingol speak at length. Thingol gives permission for the Noldor to occupy the northern lands. They travel to the Feast of Reuniting together.
Pools of Irvin
- The Feast of Reuniting is held. Ambassadors from all lands arrive
First Appearances – Ecthelion, Annael
Adapted from ‘Of the Return of the Noldor’ and ‘Of Beleriand and Its Realms’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales
- Maedhros’s Rescue from Thangorodrim – Ted Nasmith
- Rescue of Maedhros from Thangorodrim – Catherine Karina Chmiel
- Finrod and Galadriel – ?
- Feast of Reuniting – Murrauddin