- King Tar-Minastir sails to Lindon with many thousands.
- Elrond is besieged in Imladris.
- The Dunedain defeat Sauron and lift the Siege of Imladris.
- Sauron flees back to Mordor
- Sauron reveals he has captured the remaining Rings. He gives them to men and dwarves who trust him.
- Glorfindel returns to Middle-Earth, bringing with him the Blue wizards.
- The first White Council is held. Glorfindel introduces the Istari to the Council, detailing their mission.
- Elrond first meets Celebrian, the daughter of Galadriel and Celeborn.
- The King’s Men, under Pharazon, return from battling Sauron in Middle-Earth.
- The King’s Men speak out against the Valar and the elves.
- The Faithful, led by Amandil and his son Elendil, tend to the fading White Tree and to the Hallow of Eru.
- King Tar-Palantir repents for the actions of past Kings and seeks the forgiveness of the Valar, but it does not come.
- The majority of the Numenoreans remain against the Valar, encouraged by Pharazon.
- Sauron claims his title as King of Men. He releases the Nazgul to terrorise the people of Middle-Earth.
First Appearances – Tar-Palantir, Pharazon, Amandil, Elendil, Isildur, Anarion, Miriel, The Witch-King, Alatar, Pallando
Deaths – Tar-Minastir, Ciryatur, Narvi, Durin III
- White Tree of Numenor
- Imladris – Eric Faure-Brac
- Glorfindel – Liga Klavina
- At the Foot of the Meneltarma – Jef Murray
- Black Riders – John Howe
- Turgon is brought reports from Glorfindel that spies gather around the mountains. Turgon doubles the guard and keeps everyone on full alert.
- Tuor shows Idril the passage out of the city.
- Maeglin is tortured by orcs.
- Morgoth comes to speak with Maeglin. He offers to spare Maeglin if the entrance to Gondolin is revealed.
- Maeglin, still undeterred, refuses. Morgoth then promises kingship of the city and Idril. Maeglin decides to betray Turgon.
- Galadriel and her followers escape the forest. She sets a constant guard on Elwing and the Silmaril and leads them to the Havens.
- Maedhros brings the bodies of his brothers back to their home.
- Maedhros, Maglor and Amras discuss their next move. Maedhros is reluctant to continue searching the wilderness.
- Maeglin returns to Gondolin. He lies about his wounds and returns to his place by Turgon’s side.
- Idril notices the change in Maeglin.
- Maeglin convinces a few lords to take his word over Turgon’s.
- Turgon ignores the words of Idril and prepares the city for the feast of the Gates of Summer.
- Gothmog leads a great host of orcs over the northern hills of Tumladen.
First Appearance – Salgant
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Book of Lost Tales.
- Turgon on His Throne – Catherine Chmiel
- Tuor, Gelmir and Arminas – Ted Nasmith
- Maedhros the Tall – Tuuliky
- The Storm is Coming – Liga Klavina
- The few guards on the hills are quickly slaughtered. The red light of the sun blinds the city to the advance in the north.
- Riders come to Turgon saying Morgoth has crossed the mountains.
- Turgon calls his commanders to council. Tuor advises to flee, but Maeglin, Salgant and other lords advise to hold. Turgon listens to Maeglin.
- The Gondolindrim deploy for battle
- Turgon’s war machines fire. Gothmog leads an assault on the North Gate with Morgoth’s iron war machines.
- Maeglin kidnaps Idril and Earendil and takes them to the walls.
- Tuor catches Maeglin on the walls as he is about to throw Earendil. Their houses fight. Tuor is victorious and casts Maeglin from the walls to his death.
- Dragons manage to breach the wall. Gothmog breaks through the north gate.
- Tuor leaves Idril with Voronwe and joins Glorfindel and Ecthelion in battle.
- Balrogs, dragons and orcs attack the remaining men. Despite balrogs and dragons falling, Tuor is forced to retreat to the Square of the King.
- Seven dragons lead the assault and Tuor is thrown down and forced to retreat. Ecthelion covers him, facing Gothmog. Despite being wounded and disarmed he drives his helmet into Gothmog’s chest, forcing him into the Fountain of the King. He holds onto Gothmog until they both drown.
- Turgon retreats to the tower, where he decries his own dismissal of Ulmo and casts off his crown. He bids the people follow Tuor.
- Tuor leads the people south towards the secret way.
- Turgon is killed as the Tower is broken and falls upon him.
- Tuor is reunited with Idril and later Earendil.
- The group is split over which path to take. Tuor leads his followers to Eagle’s Cleft, the other group head for the Way of Escape and are slain by a dragon.
- A balrog and many orcs catch them on the pass. Glorfindel stands against it. He throws the balrog off the pass but falls himself.
- The eagles kill the remaining orcs. They bury Glorfindel and escape Gondolin.
First Appearances – Elgamoth, Penlod, Galdor, Rog
Deaths – Turgon, Maeglin, Ecthelion, Glorfindel, Gothmog, Elgamoth, Penlod, Galdor, Rog, Salgant
Adapted from ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Book of Lost Tales.
- Morgoth’s Forces Before Gondolin – John Howe
- The Siege of Gondolin – John Howe
- Attack of the Dark Forces – John Howe
- Maeglin Laid Hands on Idril, and on Earendil – Catherine Chmiel
- Ecthelion and Gothmog – Nicholas Cloister
- Last Stand – Lourdes Velez
- Glorfindel and the Balrog – John Howe