- Faramir sees the funeral boat of Boromir.
- Gollum remembers his past, including his murder of Deagol
- A nazgul flies over Frodo, Sam and Gollum. Frodo thanks Gollum, but Gollum refuses to go further. Frodo must threaten him with Sting to make him move.
- Above the slag hills, they finally see the Black Gate.
- The Gate is closely guarded. Gollum says they must not go inside, but Sam and Frodo reply that they must.
- Before Frodo attempts to enter the Gate, Gollum tells them of other ways into Mordor.
- Gollum tells of the passage above Minas Morgul. He pleads with the hobbits to take that path instead.
- Four Nazgul fly out above the Gate. Easterlings arrive as well. Gollum leads Frodo and Sam away from the Black Gate.
- Faramir brings the cloven horn of Boromir to his father. Denethor angrily orders him to Ithilien.
- Frodo and Sam reach green land again, where they bathe in the water.
- Gollum hunts for food, bringing back rabbits.
- Sam notices graven lines on Frodo’s face and neck.
- Sam cooks the rabbits in a stew. Frodo awakes and warns Sam of the fire.
- The hobbits are found by four men. One of them is Faramir.
- Faramir does not believe the hobbits are travellers. Frodo explains their separation from Aragorn and Boromir.
- Faramir sets a guard on the hobbits and disappears into the forest.
- From afar, Frodo and Sam witness Faramir’s men attacking a company of Haradrim.
- A mumak comes out of the forest and crushes the remainder of the Haradrim.
- Faramir returns and orders Frodo and Sam to be taken with them.
First Appearance – Denethor, Deagol, Mablung, Damrod, Anborn
Death – Deagol
Adapted from chapters ‘The Shadow of the Past’, ‘The Black Gate is Closed’, ‘Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit’ and ‘The Window on the West’ and Appendix A of The Lord of the Rings.
- The Black Gate is Closed – Michael Kaluta
- The Funeral Boat of Boromir – Anke Eissmann
- Smeagol and Deagol – Jos
- The Black Gate is Closed – Alan Lee
- First Sight of Ithilien – Ted Nasmith
- Encounter with Faramir – Anke Eissmann
- An Oliphaunt – Alan Lee
- The Fallen Southron – Anke Eissmann
The final episode of Season 6 and The Silmarillion part of the series will be another feature-length film like Wrath, around 90 – 120 minutes in length, theoretically. It will cover the entire War of the Last Alliance. The war will have to be simplified to fit in with time constraints so not all seven years of the Siege of Barad-Dur will be detailed fully. Several events leading up to and after the war will be streamlined as well.
- Gil-Galad and Cirdan’s army meets with Elendil and Isildur’s army at Amon Sul
- The Last Alliance camps in Rivendell.
- Elrond sends out riders to Khazad-Dum, Lothlorien and Greenwood.
- Isildur says farewell to his wife and youngest son.
- The Last Alliance crosses the Misty Mountains and meets with the armies of Amdir of Lothlorien, Oropher of Greenwood and the dwarves of Khazad-Dum.
- Anarion confers with Elendil through the Palantir.
- Sauron watches the armies gather through the Palantir stolen from Minas Ithil.
- Anarion’s army marches north.
- The Last Alliance halts in front of the Black Gate. They are joined by Anarion. Isildur curses the men who did not honour their oath.
- Sauron’s army attacks. Gil-Galad orders the lines to hold. Amdir and Oropher refuse to take orders from the Noldor and attack the orcs. Oropher is killed and Amdir is forced to flee, later drowning in the marshes.
- Thranduil takes command of the Greenwood army.
- Gil-Galad and Elendil defeat Sauron’s first wave and besiege the Black Gate. They manage to climb it and open it. They enter Mordor.
- The Last Alliance march to Barad-Dur. They set up camp upon Gorgoroth.
- Elendil challenges Sauron to come forth. In response Sauron sends fire raining down from Barad-Dur.
- Elendil orders siege weapons to break down Barad-Dur’s gates and towers, but the tower is too strong to be broken.
- Anarion is killed by a rock thrown from the tower.
- All of Sauron’s forces flee the battle. Elendil challenges Sauron once more.
- Sauron leads his last forces out of the tower, breaking through the lines.
- Sauron destroys hundreds of elves and men before reaching Elendil and Gil-Galad.
- Elendil and Gil-Galad duel with Sauron. Elendil runs Sauron through with Narsil but is cast off, Narsil breaking under him. Gil-Galad then pierces Sauron’s neck with Aeglos, but is crushed and burned by Sauron’s body.
- Isildur takes the hilt of Narsil and cuts the Ring from Sauron’s hand, destroying his body.
- Barad-Dur’s tower falls, but its foundations remain.
- The remaining orcs and Easterlings flee.
- Elrond and Cirdan order Isildur to destroy the Ring, but he chooses not to.
- The thousands of dead are buried at Dagorlad.
- Cirdan offers Elrond the title of High King of the Noldor. Elrond does not take it. The Noldor are left without a King.
- The White Tree is planted.
- Isildur is killed while journeying back to Arnor. The Ring is lost.
- Ohtar brings the shards of Narsil to Rivendell. Elrond takes care of Isildur’s youngest son.
- Elrond marries Celebrian
- Gandalf, Saruman and Radagast arrive. They are greeted by Cirdan and Glorfindel.
- The Blue Wizards journey East, never to return.
- Sauron’s spirit reforms.
First Appearances – Gandalf (Istari), Saruman (Istari), Radagast
Deaths – Elendil, Gil-Galad, Isildur, Anarion, Oropher, Amdir, Elendur, Aratan. Ciryan
- Sauron – War of the Last Alliance – Matt DeMino
- Elf Last Alliance – Angel Falto
- The Battle of Dagorlad – Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Dir, Peter Jackson. New Line Cinema.
- Battle of the Last Alliance – entar0178
- I Behold – Abe Papakhian
- Isildur and the Ring – Abe Papakhian
- Istari Arrival on Ship – Alice Falto