- Morgoth denounces Glaurung for his actions. He then talks with Sauron about how to break the siege.
- The Green-Elves of Ossiriand scuffle with the men of Beor. Unable to understand each other, they prepare to attack. Finrod steps in and talks down the Green-Elves.
- Finrod leads the men across Beleriand. He speaks with Galadriel to allow them into Doriath to see Thingol. Thingol gives them permission to cross his lands.
- Aredhel bears Eol a son, Maeglin. She wishes to return with them to Gondolin, but he refuses.
- Eol leaves to visit the dwarves. When he returns he finds Aredhel gone with Maeglin. He follows their trail
- Finrod leads Beor and his followers to Estolad, where they settle. Beor leaves his men to visit the High King of the Noldor.
- Beor and Malach speak with Fingolfin.
- Finrod returns to Nargothrond. Beor wishes to remain in his service.
- Not long after returning to Nargothrond, Beor dies of old age.
- Eol finds Aredhel at the entrance to Gondolin and follows them.
- Eol reveals himself to Turgon. Turgon welcomes him as a kinsman.
- Eol wishes to leave, but Turgon tells him none who enter the Hidden City may leave. Eol is enraged by this, and he chooses death, for him and his son. He throws a poisoned dart at Maeglin, but it is caught by Aredhel. The poison pierces her skin and she is killed.
- Turgon casts Eol from the walls of Gondolin.
First Appearance – Maeglin
Deaths – Eol, Aredhel, Beor, Malach
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Maeglin’ and ‘Of the Coming of Men Into the West’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The Later Quenta Silmarillion’ from The War of the Jewels.
- The Awakening – Tumasch
- Felagund Among Beor’s Men – Ted Nasmith
- Eol is Led to the Walls – Ted Nasmith