Throughout the first season, cold open prologues will detail the years before Feanor, including the Two Lamps, the War between the Valar and Melkor, Melkor’s imprisonment and freedom, the Awakening of the Elves, Thingol and Melian and the Elves’ journey to Valinor.
Prologue – Arda (Years of the Lamps 3450)
Begins with the Two Lamps being destroyed by a massive malice and the destruction caused by their fall. Shows Utumno, and the forces of balrogs and other creatures contained within.
– Feanor approaches his niece Galadriel, struck by the beauty of her hair. He asks for strands from her hair but is refused. Galadriel warns Finarfin, she sees only darkness in Feanor’s love.
– Galadriel goes to live with the Teleri in Alqualonde.
– Melkor confronts Feanor due to his jealousy. He plays upon Feanor’s pride to convince him Fingolfin plans to usurp his position.
– Melkor tells Fingolfin Feanor is planning to drive him out of Tirion.
– Feanor speaks out against the Valar
– Finwe calls the lords of his house to resolve the issue.
– Feanor privately and publicly threatens Fingolfin.
– The Valar exile Feanor to Formenos. Finwe follows Feanor as a sign of support.
First Appearances – Galadriel, Finrod, Aegnor, Angrod, Fingon, Turgon, Aredhel, Argon, Elenwe, Idril, Anaire, Earwen, Irime, Amarie
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Beginning of Days’, ‘Of Feanor and the Unchaining of Melkor’ and ‘Of the Silmarils and the Unrest of the Noldor’ of The Silmarillion and ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales.
- The Drawing of the Sword – Jenny Dolfen
- Illuin: Lamp of the Valar – Ted Nasmith
- Feanor – Felix Sotomayor