Season 5 will be the last season covering Quenta Silmarillion and the First Age. All major stories of Beleriand will be tied up and Maglor’s tales will end with the reveal of the full relationship between he and Elrond and the events that led to their meeting. Season 5 covers Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin, Earendil and the War of Wrath as well as the Second and Third Kinslayings in Doriath and the Havens of Sirion. The last episode and climax of the First Age is outlined as a feature-length film. Unfortunately many details of the War of Wrath itself have to be created for the series as there is precious little descriptions in the published text.
- Maglor returns to the sea, passing by a familiar hill. Elrond catches up with him, demanding to know the full story of his father, the Oath and their time together. Elrond believes he is owed an explanation of Maglor’s actions, something he believes he did not get when he was young.
- Turgon meets with Tuor and appoints him leader of the House of the Swan Wing.
- Idril walks through the city with a young Earendil.
- Maeglin leaves Gondolin for the mines.
- Celegorm urges an attack on Doriath. Maedhros refuses and instead sends a demand for it to be returned.
- Dior rules Doriath while raising his two sons and his daughter.
- Dior receives the demand for the Silmaril. As an insult to the sons of Feanor, he chooses to send no answer.
- Unwilling to await the wrath of Maedhros, Galadriel wishes to leave with Celeborn for the Havens of Sirion.
- Morgoth reveals to Sauron that he knows the location of Gondolin from the cries of Hurin.
- Sauron sends out orcs to scout the mountains for an entrance to Gondolin.
The Havens of Sirion
- Cirdan sends ships to the west in an attempt to contact the Valar.
- After receiving no reply, Maedhros grants Celegorm leave to assemble a force to attack Doriath.
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Book of Lost Tales.
- The Harp No Longer Sings – Jenny Dolfen
- Maglor and Elrond – Mintkim
- Idril and Earendil – RobeleskaZeppelin
- The Nauglamir is Returned to Dior Eluchil – Paula DiSante
- Celegorm amasses a large amount of followers. He returns to Maedhros.
- Maedhros leads his brothers and their followers towards Doriath.
The Havens of Sirion
- Cirdan awaits word from the ships.
- Only one ship returns. It brings word that the other six were lost. The way to the west is closed.
- Idril confides in Tuor her unease. She believes peace will not last and that Maeglin is not to be trusted.
- Tuor begins constructing in secret a tunnel out of the city.
- Galadriel prepares to leave. She asks Dior to follow her.
- The sons of Feanor attack in the middle of the night.
- Dior has all elves retreat into the caves. He is spotted by Celegorm and pursued.
- Dior gives the Nauglamir to Elwing and has guards escort her out.
- Celegorm is killed by Dior, who is then killed along with his wife by Curufin.
- Curufin and Caranthir die by the hands of Celeborn and his guards.
- Galadriel gathers followers, including Elwing, and escapes Menegroth.
- The rest of the elves in Menegroth are slaughtered.
- The followers of Celegorm capture Elured and Elurin, leaving them to starve in the forest.
- Sauron’s scouts come across Maeglin. Maeglin is taken prisoner.
- Maedhros searches for the Silmaril, but neither he nor his brothers or followers can find it.
- Celegorm’s followers return, telling Maedhros of their capture of the twins.
- Maedhros gives up the search for the Silmaril and goes into the forest to search for Elured and Elurin.
- Elured and Elurin come across Maedhros, but hide away from him.
Deaths – Dior, Nimloth, Nellas, Celegorm, Caranthir, Curufin
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Book of Lost Tales.
- The Death of Curufin – Jenny Dolfen
- Idril Tuor Maeglin – Catherine Chmiel
- Death in Doriath – Svetlana Nikonova
- Maeglin Taken Prisoner by Orcs – Catherine Chmiel
- Maedhros Searching for the Sons of Dior – Jenny Dolfen
- An elf comes to Menegroth, revealed as Dior, the son of Beren and Luthien. Thingol is overjoyed to have another of his kin in the forest.
- Turin journeys with the outlaws. The band comes across homesteads that they harass and steal from. Turin does nothing to restrain them.
- Beleg traces the outlaws through the wilderland. He comes across people who tell him news of Turin.
- During one raid, Turin tries to save the daughter of a woodsman from being pursued, killing Forweg in the process. Turin takes up leadership of the band.
- Beleg finally comes across the Gaurwaith while Turin is away. He confronts them about Turin’s whereabouts but instead they capture him.
- Turin returns and releases Beleg. He berates the men on their actions and declares they shall no longer raid villages of men or elves, their only target now is Morgoth.
- Turin and Beleg speak privately about Turin’s pardon. Turin refuses to return to Doriath and Beleg departs for Menegroth.
- Morgoth taunts Hurin over his family. He orders Sauron to put a price on Turin’s head.
- Gwindor kills his torturers and escapes Angband, despite losing a hand.
- Beleg returns to Doriath and requests to join Turin. Thingol releases him from service. Beleg takes with him the Dragon-Helm.
- The Gaurwaith find three dwarves and capture them. One, Khim, is wounded by Androg. His father Mim ransoms his life by leading the band to their home, Amon Rudh.
- Khim dies and the Gaurwaith decide to stay in the caves with the Petty-Dwarves.
- Beleg finds Turin on Amon Rudh. He brings Turin the Dragon-Helm and stays with him.
- Sador smuggles Morwen and Nienor out of Dor-lomin. They head to Doriath.
- Tuor is forced to serve Lorgan.
- One night Tuor manages to break his chains and escape Dor-lomin. He returns to Androth.
First Appearances – Mim, Khim, Larnach
Death – Forweg, Khim
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Turin Turambar’, ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin’ and ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘Turin among the Outlaws’, ‘Of Mim the Dwarf’, ‘The Death of Beleg’ and ‘Turin in Nargothrond’ from The Silmarillion.
- Turin Turambar – Alan Lee
- Turin Returns to Find Beleg Being Held Captive – Ted Nasmith
- Mim Pleads for His Life – Ted Nasmith
- Tuor Escapes the Easterlings – Peter Xavier Price
- The outlaws ambush and destroy several orc-bands.
- More and more men join the outlaws.
- Mim’s hatred for Beleg grows too much and he leaves to seek out servants of Morgoth.
- Mim betrays the location of Amon Rudh to the orcs, who keep his son as a hostage. Mim leads them to his home.
- The orcs attack the outlaws and drive them inside the cave. They try to escape but all are slain save for Turin and Beleg, who are captured.
- Turin is taken by the orcs while a wounded Beleg is left to die. Mim prepares to kill Beleg but is scared off by Androg, who manages to free Beleg before he dies.
- Beleg stitches his own wounds and goes after Turin. He follows the orc tracks and comes across Gwindor. Together they find the orc camp.
- Tuor ambushes a group of Easterlings near his cave. He slays them all.
- Tuor comes to the spring near his cave to find it overflowing. The stream flows in a direct line away to the west. Tuor follows it.
- Beleg dispatches the guards and finds Turin tied to a tree. Gwindor and Beleg carry him out of the camp to a thicket of thorn trees. There Beleg attempts to cut Turin’s bonds, but Anglachel slips and cuts Turin. Turin awakes and sees a dark figure bending over him and thinking it’s an orc tormentor seizes the blade and kills Beleg.
- A flash of lightning reveals Beleg’s face. Turin’s fury is so terrible all Gwindor can do is cower on the ground.
- Turin sits unmoving for a long while, before Gwindor rouses him to bury Beleg. Gwindor takes Anglachel.
- Gwindor leads Turin to Nargothrond.
- Morwen and Nienor arrive at Doriath, but are devastated to not find Turin there. They stay as guests of Thingol and Melian.
- Dior courts Nimloth. He also strikes up a great friendship with Galadriel and Celeborn.
Havens of Sirion
- Ulmo appears to Cirdan and Gil-Galad in their new home. He has a warning for Orodreth.
- Maeglin asks Turgon for Idril’s hand, but he refuses. He says the Eldar do not wed with kin so near.
- Maeglin begs Idril to run away with him. Idril scorns Maeglin for his dark character, saying she never liked him.
- Turgon offers Maeglin the position of his right hand if Maeglin does not bother Idril again.
Deaths – Beleg, Androg, Algund, Orleg, Ulrad
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Maeglin’, ‘Of Turin Turambar’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’, ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ and ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Land of Bow and Helm’, ‘The Death of Beleg’, ‘Turin in Nargothrond’ and ‘The Fall of Nargothrond’ from The Children of Hurin.
- Beleg’s Death – Felix Sotomayor
- Turin Captured – Catherine Chmiel
- Beleg’s Death – Anke Eissmann
- Turgon-Idril-Maeglin – Lady Ithilwen
- Turin does not know Nienor and he brings her back to Ephel Brandir. He tells her his name is Turambar. He calls her Niniel, Maid of Tears.
- Brandir heals Niniel. Months pass and she learns to speak again and helps Brandir with his lameness. Turin grows very fond of her.
- Turin and Niniel fall in love. Against Brandir’s advice, he asks for her hand in marriage.
- Brandir warns Niniel of the curse on Turambar’s family, as he has fallen for her as well. Niniel says the shadow on him has been lifted.
- Seeing his children unknowingly fall in love breaks Hurin’s mighty spirit. Morgoth taunts him once more.
- Turin and Niniel wed with a great feast. The men of Brethil honour them with a house of their own. That night she becomes pregnant.
- Mablung returns to Thingol in shame. He steps down as Captain and leaves to find Morwen and Nienor.
- Dior and Nimloth are wed in Menegroth.
- Dior and Nimloth return to Ossiriand.
- Tuor and Voronwe reach the gate of Gondolin. They are taken as prisoner to Ecthelion. Tuor shows him the weapons and armour of Vinyamar, and Ecthelion knows he has been sent by Ulmo.
- Ecthelion brings Tuor to Turgon. Tuor gives the warning said to him by Ulmo, but his eyes are drawn to Idril.
- Thorondor brings word of the Fall of Nargothrond.
- Maeglin speaks against Tuor. Turgon refuses the bidding of Ulmo and decides to stay in Gondolin.
- Tuor courts Idril, telling her tales of the outside world while she recounts the adventures of the Noldor. Maeglin watches them from afar.
- The people of Gondolin take kindly to Tuor, including Turgon. He gives Tuor leave to be with Idril if he wishes.
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Turin Turambar’, ‘Of The Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ and ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘Nienor in Brethil’ from The Children of Hurin.
- Tuor Reaches the Hidden City of Gondolin – Ted Nasmith
- Turin and Niniel – EmberRoseArt
- Dior and Nimloth – kimberly80
- Turgon Receives Tuor and Voronwe