- The outlaws ambush and destroy several orc-bands.
- More and more men join the outlaws.
- Mim’s hatred for Beleg grows too much and he leaves to seek out servants of Morgoth.
- Mim betrays the location of Amon Rudh to the orcs, who keep his son as a hostage. Mim leads them to his home.
- The orcs attack the outlaws and drive them inside the cave. They try to escape but all are slain save for Turin and Beleg, who are captured.
- Turin is taken by the orcs while a wounded Beleg is left to die. Mim prepares to kill Beleg but is scared off by Androg, who manages to free Beleg before he dies.
- Beleg stitches his own wounds and goes after Turin. He follows the orc tracks and comes across Gwindor. Together they find the orc camp.
- Tuor ambushes a group of Easterlings near his cave. He slays them all.
- Tuor comes to the spring near his cave to find it overflowing. The stream flows in a direct line away to the west. Tuor follows it.
- Beleg dispatches the guards and finds Turin tied to a tree. Gwindor and Beleg carry him out of the camp to a thicket of thorn trees. There Beleg attempts to cut Turin’s bonds, but Anglachel slips and cuts Turin. Turin awakes and sees a dark figure bending over him and thinking it’s an orc tormentor seizes the blade and kills Beleg.
- A flash of lightning reveals Beleg’s face. Turin’s fury is so terrible all Gwindor can do is cower on the ground.
- Turin sits unmoving for a long while, before Gwindor rouses him to bury Beleg. Gwindor takes Anglachel.
- Gwindor leads Turin to Nargothrond.
- Morwen and Nienor arrive at Doriath, but are devastated to not find Turin there. They stay as guests of Thingol and Melian.
- Dior courts Nimloth. He also strikes up a great friendship with Galadriel and Celeborn.
Havens of Sirion
- Ulmo appears to Cirdan and Gil-Galad in their new home. He has a warning for Orodreth.
- Maeglin asks Turgon for Idril’s hand, but he refuses. He says the Eldar do not wed with kin so near.
- Maeglin begs Idril to run away with him. Idril scorns Maeglin for his dark character, saying she never liked him.
- Turgon offers Maeglin the position of his right hand if Maeglin does not bother Idril again.
Deaths – Beleg, Androg, Algund, Orleg, Ulrad
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Maeglin’, ‘Of Turin Turambar’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’, ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ and ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Land of Bow and Helm’, ‘The Death of Beleg’, ‘Turin in Nargothrond’ and ‘The Fall of Nargothrond’ from The Children of Hurin.
- Beleg’s Death – Felix Sotomayor
- Turin Captured – Catherine Chmiel
- Beleg’s Death – Anke Eissmann
- Turgon-Idril-Maeglin – Lady Ithilwen