- Celegorm amasses a large amount of followers. He returns to Maedhros.
- Maedhros leads his brothers and their followers towards Doriath.
The Havens of Sirion
- Cirdan awaits word from the ships.
- Only one ship returns. It brings word that the other six were lost. The way to the west is closed.
- Idril confides in Tuor her unease. She believes peace will not last and that Maeglin is not to be trusted.
- Tuor begins constructing in secret a tunnel out of the city.
- Galadriel prepares to leave. She asks Dior to follow her.
- The sons of Feanor attack in the middle of the night.
- Dior has all elves retreat into the caves. He is spotted by Celegorm and pursued.
- Dior gives the Nauglamir to Elwing and has guards escort her out.
- Celegorm is killed by Dior, who is then killed along with his wife by Curufin.
- Curufin and Caranthir die by the hands of Celeborn and his guards.
- Galadriel gathers followers, including Elwing, and escapes Menegroth.
- The rest of the elves in Menegroth are slaughtered.
- The followers of Celegorm capture Elured and Elurin, leaving them to starve in the forest.
- Sauron’s scouts come across Maeglin. Maeglin is taken prisoner.
- Maedhros searches for the Silmaril, but neither he nor his brothers or followers can find it.
- Celegorm’s followers return, telling Maedhros of their capture of the twins.
- Maedhros gives up the search for the Silmaril and goes into the forest to search for Elured and Elurin.
- Elured and Elurin come across Maedhros, but hide away from him.
Deaths – Dior, Nimloth, Nellas, Celegorm, Caranthir, Curufin
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Book of Lost Tales.
- The Death of Curufin – Jenny Dolfen
- Idril Tuor Maeglin – Catherine Chmiel
- Death in Doriath – Svetlana Nikonova
- Maeglin Taken Prisoner by Orcs – Catherine Chmiel
- Maedhros Searching for the Sons of Dior – Jenny Dolfen
- The Falas are besieged by orcs and Easterlings and quickly overrun. Cirdan, Gil-Galad and others escape by ship.
- Morwen realises she is pregnant with Hurin’s third child.
- Sador lives with Morwen, aiding her while she is pregnant.
- The leader of the Easterlings, Brodda, claims lordship over the remaining people.
- Turin journeys through the secret way over Ered Wethrin to Doriath.
- Turin and his guards become entangled in the Girdle of Melian, where they are found by Beleg.
- Beleg takes them to Menegroth.
- Thingol welcomes them. He agrees to foster Turin in honour of both Hurin and Beren.
- Melian instructs Nellas, an elf-lady, to take care of Turin.
- Turin has been trained by Beleg into a great warrior. He joins Beleg on the borders of Doriath.
- Thingol tells Turin all news from Dor-lomin has ceased. Turin requests to bring the fight to Morgoth. Thingol appoints him a Knight of the Sword and returns the Dragon Helm of Hador.
- Turin and Beleg go north and join the elves fighting Morgoth’s forces on the borders.
- Morwen and her daughter, Nienor, remain in service to Brodda. They receive aid from Aerin, a cousin of Hurin forced into marriage with Brodda.
- Sador overhears rumours of the Dragon Helm fighting once again.
- Rian, nearly dead from exhaustion, comes to the Hill of the Slain, which she falls upon and dies.
First Appearances – Nienor, Nellas, Aerin, Saeros
Death – Rian
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Fifth Battle’ and ‘Of Turin Turambar’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The Grey Annals’ from The War of the Jewels, ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Departure of Turin’ and ‘Turin in Doriath’ from The Children of Hurin.
- The Hill of the Slain – Ted Nasmith
- Doriath – Beleg and Young Turin – Elena Kukanova
- Turin and Beleg – lyazgina
- Nienor – Liga Klavina
- Turin returns to Menegroth at a time Thingol is away. Saeros, one of Thingol’s counsellors, is bothered by a man being in Doriath and while Thingol is absent hurls insults about Turin’s family at him. Turin throws a dish in his face.
- Saeros attacks Turin the next day, but is overpowered. Turin forces him to run naked through the woods. Mablung chases calling for him to stop, but Saeros attempts to jump over a gorge and falls to his death.
- Mablung wishes for Turin to return to Menegroth for trial, but Turin refuses and outcasts himself.
- Beleg returns to Menegroth and hears of the deed, but refuses to believe Turin would murder someone.
- When Thingol returns he holds trial for Turin. On the verge of outlawing him, Beleg returns with Nellas, who is a witness to Saeros’ assault.
- Beleg requests to bring Turin back. Thingol sends him with the sword Anglachel.
- Turin comes across a band of outlaws, the Gaurwaith. They surround him with bent bows.
- A man fires at Turin, who ducks and then kills him with a perfectly timed stone throw. Forweg, the leader, allows Turin to take his place.
- The sons of Feanor roam the wild, debating their next move. Celegorm wants to sack Doriath as he swore he would, but Maedhros does not.
- Nienor matures into a woman. She is noticed by Lorgan, an Easterling chieftain, who plans to force her into marriage.
- Aerin is beaten by Brodda when he catches her aiding Morwen.
- Annael hears word that Cirdan has established a new haven near Sirion. He resolves to leave the caves of Androth.
- The elves attempt to cross to Sirion, but are assaulted by Easterlings
- Tuor is taken captive and brought to the house of Lorgan.
- Maeglin finishes construction on the Seventh Gate of Gondolin, the Gate of Steel. He is eager to show it to Idril, but she is uninterested.
First Appearances – Lorgan, Forweg, Androg, Algund, Ulrad, Orleg
Deaths – Saeros
Adapted from ‘Of Maeglin’, ‘Of Turin Turambar’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ and ‘Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin’ from Unfinished Tales, ‘Turin in Doriath’ and ‘Turin among the Outlaws’ from The Children of Hurin.
- Turin is Surrounded by the Outlaws – Alan Lee
- Saeros’ Fatal Leap – Ted Naismith
- Anglachel – Elena Kukanova
- Idril and Maeglin – Catherine Chmiel
- An elf comes to Menegroth, revealed as Dior, the son of Beren and Luthien. Thingol is overjoyed to have another of his kin in the forest.
- Turin journeys with the outlaws. The band comes across homesteads that they harass and steal from. Turin does nothing to restrain them.
- Beleg traces the outlaws through the wilderland. He comes across people who tell him news of Turin.
- During one raid, Turin tries to save the daughter of a woodsman from being pursued, killing Forweg in the process. Turin takes up leadership of the band.
- Beleg finally comes across the Gaurwaith while Turin is away. He confronts them about Turin’s whereabouts but instead they capture him.
- Turin returns and releases Beleg. He berates the men on their actions and declares they shall no longer raid villages of men or elves, their only target now is Morgoth.
- Turin and Beleg speak privately about Turin’s pardon. Turin refuses to return to Doriath and Beleg departs for Menegroth.
- Morgoth taunts Hurin over his family. He orders Sauron to put a price on Turin’s head.
- Gwindor kills his torturers and escapes Angband, despite losing a hand.
- Beleg returns to Doriath and requests to join Turin. Thingol releases him from service. Beleg takes with him the Dragon-Helm.
- The Gaurwaith find three dwarves and capture them. One, Khim, is wounded by Androg. His father Mim ransoms his life by leading the band to their home, Amon Rudh.
- Khim dies and the Gaurwaith decide to stay in the caves with the Petty-Dwarves.
- Beleg finds Turin on Amon Rudh. He brings Turin the Dragon-Helm and stays with him.
- Sador smuggles Morwen and Nienor out of Dor-lomin. They head to Doriath.
- Tuor is forced to serve Lorgan.
- One night Tuor manages to break his chains and escape Dor-lomin. He returns to Androth.
First Appearances – Mim, Khim, Larnach
Death – Forweg, Khim
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Turin Turambar’, ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin’ and ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘Turin among the Outlaws’, ‘Of Mim the Dwarf’, ‘The Death of Beleg’ and ‘Turin in Nargothrond’ from The Silmarillion.
- Turin Turambar – Alan Lee
- Turin Returns to Find Beleg Being Held Captive – Ted Nasmith
- Mim Pleads for His Life – Ted Nasmith
- Tuor Escapes the Easterlings – Peter Xavier Price
- The outlaws ambush and destroy several orc-bands.
- More and more men join the outlaws.
- Mim’s hatred for Beleg grows too much and he leaves to seek out servants of Morgoth.
- Mim betrays the location of Amon Rudh to the orcs, who keep his son as a hostage. Mim leads them to his home.
- The orcs attack the outlaws and drive them inside the cave. They try to escape but all are slain save for Turin and Beleg, who are captured.
- Turin is taken by the orcs while a wounded Beleg is left to die. Mim prepares to kill Beleg but is scared off by Androg, who manages to free Beleg before he dies.
- Beleg stitches his own wounds and goes after Turin. He follows the orc tracks and comes across Gwindor. Together they find the orc camp.
- Tuor ambushes a group of Easterlings near his cave. He slays them all.
- Tuor comes to the spring near his cave to find it overflowing. The stream flows in a direct line away to the west. Tuor follows it.
- Beleg dispatches the guards and finds Turin tied to a tree. Gwindor and Beleg carry him out of the camp to a thicket of thorn trees. There Beleg attempts to cut Turin’s bonds, but Anglachel slips and cuts Turin. Turin awakes and sees a dark figure bending over him and thinking it’s an orc tormentor seizes the blade and kills Beleg.
- A flash of lightning reveals Beleg’s face. Turin’s fury is so terrible all Gwindor can do is cower on the ground.
- Turin sits unmoving for a long while, before Gwindor rouses him to bury Beleg. Gwindor takes Anglachel.
- Gwindor leads Turin to Nargothrond.
- Morwen and Nienor arrive at Doriath, but are devastated to not find Turin there. They stay as guests of Thingol and Melian.
- Dior courts Nimloth. He also strikes up a great friendship with Galadriel and Celeborn.
Havens of Sirion
- Ulmo appears to Cirdan and Gil-Galad in their new home. He has a warning for Orodreth.
- Maeglin asks Turgon for Idril’s hand, but he refuses. He says the Eldar do not wed with kin so near.
- Maeglin begs Idril to run away with him. Idril scorns Maeglin for his dark character, saying she never liked him.
- Turgon offers Maeglin the position of his right hand if Maeglin does not bother Idril again.
Deaths – Beleg, Androg, Algund, Orleg, Ulrad
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Maeglin’, ‘Of Turin Turambar’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’, ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ and ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Land of Bow and Helm’, ‘The Death of Beleg’, ‘Turin in Nargothrond’ and ‘The Fall of Nargothrond’ from The Children of Hurin.
- Beleg’s Death – Felix Sotomayor
- Turin Captured – Catherine Chmiel
- Beleg’s Death – Anke Eissmann
- Turgon-Idril-Maeglin – Lady Ithilwen
- Gwindor is unrecognised by most at Nargothrond, save for Finduilas.
- Turin introduces himself as the Bloodstained, son of Ill-fate. The elves reforge Anglachel for Turin, who names it Gurthang.
- Turin wishes to prove himself in battle and does so. Orodreth admits him to his council.
- Turin urges Orodreth to abandon their secrecy and strike against Morgoth.
- Despite Gwindor’s warnings, Orodreth listens to Turin and makes a great number of weapons. A bridge is built over the Narog.
- Finduilas falls for Turin, who does not return her affections. Gwindor reminds her of his race and his curse.
- Morgoth sends out Glaurung to destroy Nargothrond
- Morwen and Nienor hear of rumours that Mormegil of Nargothrond is Turin. Morwen leaves Doriath alone.
- Thingol sends riders after Morwen. Nienor conceals herself among them.
- Mablung finds Morwen and wishes to take her back to Doriath. Morwen refuses. Mablung feels compelled to protect her so goes along with her.
- Turin grows to command the armies of Nargothrond.
- Messengers from Cirdan arrive, seeking Orodreth. They carry a message from Ulmo, warning Nargothrond to shut their gates.
- Word comes of Glaurung heading south. Orodreth and Turin ride out with the army.
- Orodreth is slain and the elves are defeated. Gwindor is wounded but saved by Turin. A dying Gwindor pleads with Turin to save Finduilas.
- Turin returns to Nargothrond but Glaurung follows soon after. Glaurung breaks the doors and kills, burns amd captures many inside. Turin stands against Glaurung but is caught in his glare.
- Glaurung taunts Turin, but Turin manages to break the spell and stab at his eyes. Glaurung retreats. Turin believes the words of Glaurung and leaves to find Morwen and Nienor instead of pursuing the enemy.
- Tuor follows the stream to Nevrast, Turgon’s old land. He follows seven swans to the castle of Vinyamar, where he finds the shield, armour and sword left there by Turgon.
- Outside the castle a large storm brews. Tuor goes outside and before him appears Ulmo. Ulmo has Tuor seek out Gondolin, shadowing him with a great cloak.
First Appearances – Gelmir (II), Arminas
Deaths – Gwindor, Orodreth
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Turin Turambar’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ and ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘Turin in Nargothrond’, ‘The Fall of Nargothrond’ and ‘The Journey of Morwen and Nienor to Nargothrond’ from The Children of Hurin.
- The Fall of Nargothrond – Walter Florusse
- Turin and Finduilas – Elena Kukanova
- Assault on Nargothrond – Pete Amachree
- Ulmo, Lord of the Waters – John Howe
- Hurin is brought before the new Chieftain of the Haleth, Hardang.
- Manthor defends Hurin. Hurin’s words incite a riot. Hardang is killed.
- Hurin comes to the gates of Gondolin. He looks to the eagles to bear him again, but they do not come.
- Thorondor brings word to Turgon, who concludes that even Hurin has surrendered to the will of Morgoth.
- Tuor and Idril are married by Turgon.
- Hurin wanders to Nargothrond, where he finds Mim. He reveals himself as Turin’s father and kills Mim.
- Hurin is found by the elves near Sirion and brought to Menegroth. Before Thingol he reveals he has taken the Nauglamir from Nargothrond. He curses Thingol and gives him the Nauglamir as a memorial of the ruin of his house. Hurin leaves Doriath.
- Thingol employs dwarven smiths to set the Silmaril in the Nauglamir.
- When they are completed the dwarves refuse to give it up. Thingol attempts to take it by force but is slain. The dwarves slaughter many elves and flee.
- Melian, having lost her husband and daughter, forsakes her body and returns to Valinor. The Girdle of Melian is lifted.
- Mablung is sent after the dwarves.
- Mablung catches the dwarves. Outnumbered, the elves are saved by a host of Green-elves, led by Beren and Dior.
- Beren is victorious and regains the Nauglamir, which he brings back to Luthien.
- Mablung is killed in the battle.
- The surviving dwarves are killed by ents in the woods.
- Dior takes his family back to Doriath, where he is crowned King.
- Luthien and Beren die in their sleep, the Silmaril around Luthien’s neck.
- A Green-elf messenger comes to Menegroth. With him he carries the Nauglamir, which is presented to Dior.
- Celegorm comes to Maedhros with the news that Dior holds the Silmaril and the Girdle of Melian is broken.
- Maedhros gathers his brothers and calls upon their oath.
- Hurin despairs, realising all his deeds only aided Morgoth. He casts himself into the sea.
- Tuor and Idril present to Turgon their newborn son, Earendil.
First Appearance – Earendil, Elured, Elurin, Elwing
Deaths – Hurin, Mim, Beren, Luthien, Thingol, Mablung, Manthor, Hardang
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ from Unfinished Tales, ‘The Wanderings of Hurin and Other Writings’ from The War of the Jewels.
- The Oath Has Been Awakened – Jenny Dolfen
- Hurin Reaches the Echoriath – Ted Nasmith
- The Wedding of Tuor and Idril – Tom Loback
- Elu Thingol and the Dwarves of Nogrod in Menegroth – steamey
- Beren and Luthien – Turner Mohan