- Hurin is brought before the new Chieftain of the Haleth, Hardang.
- Manthor defends Hurin. Hurin’s words incite a riot. Hardang is killed.
- Hurin comes to the gates of Gondolin. He looks to the eagles to bear him again, but they do not come.
- Thorondor brings word to Turgon, who concludes that even Hurin has surrendered to the will of Morgoth.
- Tuor and Idril are married by Turgon.
- Hurin wanders to Nargothrond, where he finds Mim. He reveals himself as Turin’s father and kills Mim.
- Hurin is found by the elves near Sirion and brought to Menegroth. Before Thingol he reveals he has taken the Nauglamir from Nargothrond. He curses Thingol and gives him the Nauglamir as a memorial of the ruin of his house. Hurin leaves Doriath.
- Thingol employs dwarven smiths to set the Silmaril in the Nauglamir.
- When they are completed the dwarves refuse to give it up. Thingol attempts to take it by force but is slain. The dwarves slaughter many elves and flee.
- Melian, having lost her husband and daughter, forsakes her body and returns to Valinor. The Girdle of Melian is lifted.
- Mablung is sent after the dwarves.
- Mablung catches the dwarves. Outnumbered, the elves are saved by a host of Green-elves, led by Beren and Dior.
- Beren is victorious and regains the Nauglamir, which he brings back to Luthien.
- Mablung is killed in the battle.
- The surviving dwarves are killed by ents in the woods.
- Dior takes his family back to Doriath, where he is crowned King.
- Luthien and Beren die in their sleep, the Silmaril around Luthien’s neck.
- A Green-elf messenger comes to Menegroth. With him he carries the Nauglamir, which is presented to Dior.
- Celegorm comes to Maedhros with the news that Dior holds the Silmaril and the Girdle of Melian is broken.
- Maedhros gathers his brothers and calls upon their oath.
- Hurin despairs, realising all his deeds only aided Morgoth. He casts himself into the sea.
- Tuor and Idril present to Turgon their newborn son, Earendil.
First Appearance – Earendil, Elured, Elurin, Elwing
Deaths – Hurin, Mim, Beren, Luthien, Thingol, Mablung, Manthor, Hardang
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ from Unfinished Tales, ‘The Wanderings of Hurin and Other Writings’ from The War of the Jewels.
- The Oath Has Been Awakened – Jenny Dolfen
- Hurin Reaches the Echoriath – Ted Nasmith
- The Wedding of Tuor and Idril – Tom Loback
- Elu Thingol and the Dwarves of Nogrod in Menegroth – steamey
- Beren and Luthien – Turner Mohan