- Gwindor is unrecognised by most at Nargothrond, save for Finduilas.
- Turin introduces himself as the Bloodstained, son of Ill-fate. The elves reforge Anglachel for Turin, who names it Gurthang.
- Turin wishes to prove himself in battle and does so. Orodreth admits him to his council.
- Turin urges Orodreth to abandon their secrecy and strike against Morgoth.
- Despite Gwindor’s warnings, Orodreth listens to Turin and makes a great number of weapons. A bridge is built over the Narog.
- Finduilas falls for Turin, who does not return her affections. Gwindor reminds her of his race and his curse.
- Morgoth sends out Glaurung to destroy Nargothrond
- Morwen and Nienor hear of rumours that Mormegil of Nargothrond is Turin. Morwen leaves Doriath alone.
- Thingol sends riders after Morwen. Nienor conceals herself among them.
- Mablung finds Morwen and wishes to take her back to Doriath. Morwen refuses. Mablung feels compelled to protect her so goes along with her.
- Turin grows to command the armies of Nargothrond.
- Messengers from Cirdan arrive, seeking Orodreth. They carry a message from Ulmo, warning Nargothrond to shut their gates.
- Word comes of Glaurung heading south. Orodreth and Turin ride out with the army.
- Orodreth is slain and the elves are defeated. Gwindor is wounded but saved by Turin. A dying Gwindor pleads with Turin to save Finduilas.
- Turin returns to Nargothrond but Glaurung follows soon after. Glaurung breaks the doors and kills, burns amd captures many inside. Turin stands against Glaurung but is caught in his glare.
- Glaurung taunts Turin, but Turin manages to break the spell and stab at his eyes. Glaurung retreats. Turin believes the words of Glaurung and leaves to find Morwen and Nienor instead of pursuing the enemy.
- Tuor follows the stream to Nevrast, Turgon’s old land. He follows seven swans to the castle of Vinyamar, where he finds the shield, armour and sword left there by Turgon.
- Outside the castle a large storm brews. Tuor goes outside and before him appears Ulmo. Ulmo has Tuor seek out Gondolin, shadowing him with a great cloak.
First Appearances – Gelmir (II), Arminas
Deaths – Gwindor, Orodreth
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Turin Turambar’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ and ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘Turin in Nargothrond’, ‘The Fall of Nargothrond’ and ‘The Journey of Morwen and Nienor to Nargothrond’ from The Children of Hurin.
- The Fall of Nargothrond – Walter Florusse
- Turin and Finduilas – Elena Kukanova
- Assault on Nargothrond – Pete Amachree
- Ulmo, Lord of the Waters – John Howe
- Glaurung returns to Nargothrond, turning the treasure there into his bed.
- Finduilas cries out for Turin, but hears no reply.
- Turin speeds to Dor-lomin, but as he went he thinks he hears the cries of Finduilas.
- Tuor prepares to leave but finds an elf outside the walls. His name is Voronwe and upon hearing of Ulmo’s instruction, gladly guides Tuor to Gondolin.
- Tuor and Voronwe come across Turin heading north, although Turin does not see them.
- Turin arrives to find his childhood home empty and dark. He asks for shelter in the house of Brodda.
- Sador halts Turin and tells him of what has happened.
- Turin confronts Brodda. Lady Aerin tells him of Morwen’s whereabouts. Turin throws Brodda, breaking his neck. The men of Dor-lomin revolt against the Easterlings, killing all in the hall.
- Sador and Aerin force Turin to leave. Turin flees Dor-lomin with any rebels that will follow him.
- Aerin burns down the hall of Brodda, killing herself in the process.
- Morwen reaches Nargothrond. Mablung leaves her with a group outside and takes the rest into the city.
- They awaken Glaurung, who scatters Mablung’s riders and attacks the group outside. Nienor is separated from the others. Glaurung finds her on the hill. With his glare he renders her mind blank.
- Mablung returns to Nienor alone. Realising her memory is gone, he is forced to lead her back to Doriath by the hand.
- Turin tries to track the orcs that took Finduilas.
- The orcs are waylaid by the men of Brethil. They kill all their captives, impaling Finduilas against a tree. She asks the men to tell Turin where she died.
- Turin comes across an orc host attacking a group of men. He slays them all then asks for word of Finduilas.
- The men lead him to Finduilas’ grave and then to Ephel Brandir, where Turin stays and meets their chieftain, Brandir.
- Mablung rests near the borders of Brethil. They are ambushed by orcs and Nienor flees into the forest.
- Nienor collapses on the Grave of Finduilas, where she is found by Turin.
First Appearances – Dorlas, Hardang, Hunthor, Manthor, Brandir, Voronwe
Deaths – Finduilas, Brodda, Aerin
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Turin Turambar’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ and ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Return of Turin to Dor-lomin’, ‘The Coming of Turin into Brethil’ and ‘The Journey of Morwen and Nienor to Nargothrond’ from The Children of Hurin.
- Turin Discovers Nienor at the Mound of Finduilas – Ted Nasmith
- Tuor and Voronwe see Turin at the Pools of Irvin – Ted Nasmith
- Hall of Brodda Burning – Alan Lee
- Nienor and Glaurung – DonatoArts
- Nienor Flees into the Woods – Ted Nasmith
- Glaurung sends his orcs to Brethil. He follows after.
- Dorlas rides against the orcs, but is driven back. He returns to Turin with the news. Turin takes up Gurthang agains and rides out.
- Turin kills the orcs, but further news comes of the forest burning in the west.
- Turin returns to Niniel and tells her Glaurung has come for him. He leaves with a band of woodmen to kill the dragon.
- Turin finds Glaurung near Teiglin and sets men to watch him.
- With Dorlas and Hunthor, Turin begins to hunt the dragon.
- Niniel refuses to sit and wait for her doom. With many others she leaves to find Turin and his men.
- Brandir curses his followers for disobeying him. He breaks his staff and declares Turin Lord of Brethil before following Niniel and the others.
- Dorlas turns back at Cabed-en-Aras. Turin and Hunthor continue on until they are below Glaurung.
- Glaurung begins his assault, crossing the ravine. Turin climbs up below him He stumbles but is caught by Hunthor, who is hit on the head by a stone and falls to his death.
- Turin climbs up to Glaurung and stabs his belly with full force. Glaurung screams and flings himself to the shore, where he writhes in agaony.
- Turin hurls himself up and comes to the place of the dying dragon. He pulls his sword out of Glaurung along with a spout of poisoned blood. The blood burns Turin, causing him to pass out.
- The people of Brethil are near and hear the screams of Glaurung. Niniel takes the screams as Glaurung destroying his foes and thinks Turin dead. She rushes out to find him.
- Niniel comes across Glaurung and Turin, Brandir behind her. Her cries awaken Glaurung. He reveals to her the truth of their kinship, and as he dies his spell upon her is broken. Niniel runs distraught with horror into the forest, where she casts herself into the ravine.
- Brandir could not stop her and returns to Turin. Dorlas comes across them and after an argument is killed by Brandir. Brandir returns to his people with the news of Turin and Nienor’s deaths.
- Turin awakes and returns to his people. Upon hearing of Niniel’s death and their kinship he slays Brandir and runs back to Cabed-en-Aras. There he finds Mablung, who confirms their kinship. In grief, Turin casts himself upon Gurthang, ending his life.
- Mablung and the men of Brethil burn Glaurung and bury Turin.
- Hurin is released by Morgoth.
- Years later, Hurin, now a broken old man, comes across the grave. There he finds Morwen and he holds her in his arms as she dies.
Deaths – Turin, Nienor, Morwen, Dorlas, Hunthor, Brandir, Glaurung
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Turin Turambar’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Coming of Glaurung’, ‘The Death of Glaurung’ and ‘The Death of Turin’ from The Children of Turin.
- The Death of Glaurung – Alan Lee
- Turin – Liga Klavina
- The Death of Glaurung – John Howe
- Nienor’s Despair – Ted Nasmith
- Dragon’s Curse – John Howe
- The Death of Morwen – Alan Lee
- Hurin is brought before the new Chieftain of the Haleth, Hardang.
- Manthor defends Hurin. Hurin’s words incite a riot. Hardang is killed.
- Hurin comes to the gates of Gondolin. He looks to the eagles to bear him again, but they do not come.
- Thorondor brings word to Turgon, who concludes that even Hurin has surrendered to the will of Morgoth.
- Tuor and Idril are married by Turgon.
- Hurin wanders to Nargothrond, where he finds Mim. He reveals himself as Turin’s father and kills Mim.
- Hurin is found by the elves near Sirion and brought to Menegroth. Before Thingol he reveals he has taken the Nauglamir from Nargothrond. He curses Thingol and gives him the Nauglamir as a memorial of the ruin of his house. Hurin leaves Doriath.
- Thingol employs dwarven smiths to set the Silmaril in the Nauglamir.
- When they are completed the dwarves refuse to give it up. Thingol attempts to take it by force but is slain. The dwarves slaughter many elves and flee.
- Melian, having lost her husband and daughter, forsakes her body and returns to Valinor. The Girdle of Melian is lifted.
- Mablung is sent after the dwarves.
- Mablung catches the dwarves. Outnumbered, the elves are saved by a host of Green-elves, led by Beren and Dior.
- Beren is victorious and regains the Nauglamir, which he brings back to Luthien.
- Mablung is killed in the battle.
- The surviving dwarves are killed by ents in the woods.
- Dior takes his family back to Doriath, where he is crowned King.
- Luthien and Beren die in their sleep, the Silmaril around Luthien’s neck.
- A Green-elf messenger comes to Menegroth. With him he carries the Nauglamir, which is presented to Dior.
- Celegorm comes to Maedhros with the news that Dior holds the Silmaril and the Girdle of Melian is broken.
- Maedhros gathers his brothers and calls upon their oath.
- Hurin despairs, realising all his deeds only aided Morgoth. He casts himself into the sea.
- Tuor and Idril present to Turgon their newborn son, Earendil.
First Appearance – Earendil, Elured, Elurin, Elwing
Deaths – Hurin, Mim, Beren, Luthien, Thingol, Mablung, Manthor, Hardang
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ from Unfinished Tales, ‘The Wanderings of Hurin and Other Writings’ from The War of the Jewels.
- The Oath Has Been Awakened – Jenny Dolfen
- Hurin Reaches the Echoriath – Ted Nasmith
- The Wedding of Tuor and Idril – Tom Loback
- Elu Thingol and the Dwarves of Nogrod in Menegroth – steamey
- Beren and Luthien – Turner Mohan
- Beren watches Luthien for a time, before he reveals himself. He calls her ‘Nightingale’. Luthien flees from him with Daeron, not understanding fear.
- Beren searches for Luthien again. He hears her singing on a hill. He runs out of the shadows crying ‘Tinuviel’. Luthien does not flee after she sees his fair form.
- Beren relays his story to Luthien, including the death of his father.
- Luthien takes him back to her father’s realm, but does not inform Thingol.
- Luthien leaves every day to see Beren, making Thingol curious.
- Still suffering from despair, Luthien cradles Beren’s head against her breast, holding his hand. He falls for her. Seeing the love and happiness her actions give to Beren, she falls for him too.
- Luthien refuses to go walking with Daeron. Out of duty, Daeron informs Thingol of Beren.
- Thingol speaks to Melian and Galadriel about Luthien, who warn him against angering his daughter
- Orodreth and the two Sons of Feanor come to Nargothrond. Finrod is hesitant to welcome Celegorm and Curufin but does so.
- Caranthir and Amras reach Amon Ereb, where they make deals with Azaghal the dwarf of Belegost.
- Sauron reports back to Morgoth, who is pleased. He tasks Sauron to man Minas Tirith while he attacks Hithlum.
- Fingon has gotten word that Morgoth is planning to attack Hithlum from the north. He rides out to meet them.
- Vastly outnumbered, he is overrun. Luckily, word had reached Cirdan in the Falas, who sailed his ships north and saves Fingon.
- Galdor was slain in combat. Hurin defies the orders of Fingon and chases the orcs throughout Anfauglith, slaughtering many.
First Appearances – Gwindor, Edrahil
Deaths – Galdor
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin’ and ‘Of Beren and Luthien’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The Lay of Leithian’ from The Lays of Beleriand and ‘The Grey Annals’ from The War of the Jewels
- Beren and Luthien – maril1
- Tinuviel! Tinuviel! – woutart
- Nightingale – Paula DiSante
- Hurin on Horseback – Alan Lee
- Hurin returns to Dor-lomin, where he takes lordship over the land. He courts Morwen of the House of Beor.
- Beren and Luthien continue to live in the woods, deeply in love.
- Thingol follows Luthien one day and confronts them together. He brings them back to Menegroth.
- Luthien pleads with her father to allow them to be together, but Thingol refuses. Luthien does succeed in convincing him to spare Beren’s life.
- Beren is sent before Thingol and questioned. Seeing Beren’s true devotion to his daughter, Thingol decides not to banish Beren. But determined for them not to marry, he sets an impossible bride price: a Silmaril from Morgoth’s crown.
- Beren goes to see Luthien and tells her he intends to complete the task. Luthien asks him to stay but he is determined, leaving Menegroth immediately.
- Luthien is determined to help Beren, but Thingol does not allow it and imprisons her in a treehouse.
- Celegorm and Curufin take active duties in the fortress, gaining many followers. Celegorm’s wolf, Huan, takes a liking to Finrod.
- Maglor sets out to find his lost brothers.
- Easterlings journey past Himring. Maedhros intercepts them. The Easterlings swear loyalty to Maedhros.
First Appearances – Morwen, Ulfang, Finduilas, Rian
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin’ and ‘Of Beren and Luthien’ from the Silmarillion and ‘The Lay of Leithian’ from The Lays of Beleriand.
- Trial of Beren – Anke Eissmann
- Of Beren and Luthien – Ulla Thynell
- A Sense of Foreboding – Tuuliky
- Tyelkormo and Curufinwe – Tuuliky
- Beren comes to Nargothrond, requesting audience with Finrod. Celegorm is hesitant to allow it, but Orodreth overrules him.
- Beren shows Finrod the Ring of Barahir, asking for his help. Remembering his oath, Finrod agrees.
- Celegorm and Curufin convince, with lies or threats, the majority of Nargothrond not to follow Beren.
- Finrod asks his soldiers to accompany him, but only ten come forward.
- Finrod leaves Orodreth in charge.
- Beren and Finrod come across a pack of orcs. Nearing Tol Sirion, they ambush and kill the orcs, taking their gear. Finrod disguises them all.
- Beneath Minas Tirith however, Sauron’s servants see through the disguises and they are captured.
- Brought before Sauron, Finrod attacks him. Sauron shrugs it off and attacks Finrod with spells. Finrod fights back with spells and songs of Quenya from Valinor, but is unable to overcome Sauron.
- Sauron locks them away. He sends a werewolf in to execute them.
- In the dark, the werewolf picks them off one by one as they are chained. When it comes for Beren, Finrod sees it and breaks his chains. Finrod is wounded deeply, but manages to kill the wolf with his bare hands.
- Barely alive, Beren calls Finrod’s oath redeemed. Finrod passes away in the tower he himself had built.
- In a dream, Luthien sees Beren chained in a dungeon. Melian comes to her and confirms that Beren is held captive.
- Luthien manages to lull the guards to sleep using her powers as the daughter of Melian. She steal a horse and escapes Doriath.
- Celegorm takes Curufin and Huan to follow Finrod.
- Luthien races to Minas Tirith, but she is found by Huan in the forest. Huan takes her back to Celegorm.
- When Celegorm learns of her identity, he appears friendly to her. However, he confides in Curufin that he wishes to marry her.
- Curufin sends a letter to Doriath entailing Celegorm’s intentions.
Deaths – Finrod, Edrahil
Adapted from ‘Of Beren and Luthien’ from the Silmarillion and ‘The Lay of Leithian’ from The Lays of Beleriand.
- Beren and Finrod – Alice Falto
- Beren Before Felagund – Anke Eissmann
- Duel – Hellga-Z
- Luthien Escapes the Treehouse – Ted Nasmith