- Eol, the Dark Elf, crafts a master sword, Anglachel, he gives to Thingol. After receiving little gratitude, he leaves the forest.
- Turgon welcomes his people to Gondolin. He has a private moment with his daughter dedicating the city to his late wife.
- Finrod continues construction of his fortress with help of the dwarves.
(200 Years Later)
- Aredhel seeks permission to leave Gondolin. Turgon agrees only if she sees Fingon, but she disobeys.
- Glaurung, father of dragons, leads a host from Thangorodrim and pushes the Noldor from Ard-Galen.
- Eol feasts with the dwarves of the Blue Mountains. After the feast he returns to Nan Elmoth, where he comes across Aredhel, daughter of Fingolfin. Using his enchanting voice, he lures her deeper into the forest, where he ensnares her.
- Fingon rides against Glaurung with a company of mounted archers. The orcs are driven back, but Glaurung remains. Fingon personally shoots Glaurung in the eye, causing him to retreat.
- Finrod, Maglor and Maedhros hunt east of the river
- Leaving the brothers, Finrod encounters men of the House of Beor. Welcoming them to Beleriand, he speaks with Beor the Old.
First Appearances – Eol, Beor, Malach, Glaurung, Azaghal
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Return of the Noldor’, ‘Of the Noldor in Beleriand’, ‘Of Maeglin’ and ‘Of the Coming of Men Into the West’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The Grey Annals’ from The War of the Jewels.
- Nan Elmoth – Noldomirwen
- Nargothrond – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Eol Welcomes Aredhel – Ted Nasmith
- Glaurung is Humbled – Ted Nasmith