- Eol, the Dark Elf, crafts a master sword, Anglachel, he gives to Thingol. After receiving little gratitude, he leaves the forest.
- Turgon welcomes his people to Gondolin. He has a private moment with his daughter dedicating the city to his late wife.
- Finrod continues construction of his fortress with help of the dwarves.
(200 Years Later)
- Aredhel seeks permission to leave Gondolin. Turgon agrees only if she sees Fingon, but she disobeys.
- Glaurung, father of dragons, leads a host from Thangorodrim and pushes the Noldor from Ard-Galen.
- Eol feasts with the dwarves of the Blue Mountains. After the feast he returns to Nan Elmoth, where he comes across Aredhel, daughter of Fingolfin. Using his enchanting voice, he lures her deeper into the forest, where he ensnares her.
- Fingon rides against Glaurung with a company of mounted archers. The orcs are driven back, but Glaurung remains. Fingon personally shoots Glaurung in the eye, causing him to retreat.
- Finrod, Maglor and Maedhros hunt east of the river
- Leaving the brothers, Finrod encounters men of the House of Beor. Welcoming them to Beleriand, he speaks with Beor the Old.
First Appearances – Eol, Beor, Malach, Glaurung, Azaghal
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Return of the Noldor’, ‘Of the Noldor in Beleriand’, ‘Of Maeglin’ and ‘Of the Coming of Men Into the West’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The Grey Annals’ from The War of the Jewels.
- Nan Elmoth – Noldomirwen
- Nargothrond – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Eol Welcomes Aredhel – Ted Nasmith
- Glaurung is Humbled – Ted Nasmith
- Morgoth denounces Glaurung for his actions. He then talks with Sauron about how to break the siege.
- The Green-Elves of Ossiriand scuffle with the men of Beor. Unable to understand each other, they prepare to attack. Finrod steps in and talks down the Green-Elves.
- Finrod leads the men across Beleriand. He speaks with Galadriel to allow them into Doriath to see Thingol. Thingol gives them permission to cross his lands.
- Aredhel bears Eol a son, Maeglin. She wishes to return with them to Gondolin, but he refuses.
- Eol leaves to visit the dwarves. When he returns he finds Aredhel gone with Maeglin. He follows their trail
- Finrod leads Beor and his followers to Estolad, where they settle. Beor leaves his men to visit the High King of the Noldor.
- Beor and Malach speak with Fingolfin.
- Finrod returns to Nargothrond. Beor wishes to remain in his service.
- Not long after returning to Nargothrond, Beor dies of old age.
- Eol finds Aredhel at the entrance to Gondolin and follows them.
- Eol reveals himself to Turgon. Turgon welcomes him as a kinsman.
- Eol wishes to leave, but Turgon tells him none who enter the Hidden City may leave. Eol is enraged by this, and he chooses death, for him and his son. He throws a poisoned dart at Maeglin, but it is caught by Aredhel. The poison pierces her skin and she is killed.
- Turgon casts Eol from the walls of Gondolin.
First Appearance – Maeglin
Deaths – Eol, Aredhel, Beor, Malach
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Maeglin’ and ‘Of the Coming of Men Into the West’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The Later Quenta Silmarillion’ from The War of the Jewels.
- The Awakening – Tumasch
- Felagund Among Beor’s Men – Ted Nasmith
- Eol is Led to the Walls – Ted Nasmith