Season 5 will be the last season covering Quenta Silmarillion and the First Age. All major stories of Beleriand will be tied up and Maglor’s tales will end with the reveal of the full relationship between he and Elrond and the events that led to their meeting. Season 5 covers Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin, Earendil and the War of Wrath as well as the Second and Third Kinslayings in Doriath and the Havens of Sirion. The last episode and climax of the First Age is outlined as a feature-length film. Unfortunately many details of the War of Wrath itself have to be created for the series as there is precious little descriptions in the published text.
- Maglor returns to the sea, passing by a familiar hill. Elrond catches up with him, demanding to know the full story of his father, the Oath and their time together. Elrond believes he is owed an explanation of Maglor’s actions, something he believes he did not get when he was young.
- Turgon meets with Tuor and appoints him leader of the House of the Swan Wing.
- Idril walks through the city with a young Earendil.
- Maeglin leaves Gondolin for the mines.
- Celegorm urges an attack on Doriath. Maedhros refuses and instead sends a demand for it to be returned.
- Dior rules Doriath while raising his two sons and his daughter.
- Dior receives the demand for the Silmaril. As an insult to the sons of Feanor, he chooses to send no answer.
- Unwilling to await the wrath of Maedhros, Galadriel wishes to leave with Celeborn for the Havens of Sirion.
- Morgoth reveals to Sauron that he knows the location of Gondolin from the cries of Hurin.
- Sauron sends out orcs to scout the mountains for an entrance to Gondolin.
The Havens of Sirion
- Cirdan sends ships to the west in an attempt to contact the Valar.
- After receiving no reply, Maedhros grants Celegorm leave to assemble a force to attack Doriath.
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Book of Lost Tales.
- The Harp No Longer Sings – Jenny Dolfen
- Maglor and Elrond – Mintkim
- Idril and Earendil – RobeleskaZeppelin
- The Nauglamir is Returned to Dior Eluchil – Paula DiSante
- Turgon is brought reports from Glorfindel that spies gather around the mountains. Turgon doubles the guard and keeps everyone on full alert.
- Tuor shows Idril the passage out of the city.
- Maeglin is tortured by orcs.
- Morgoth comes to speak with Maeglin. He offers to spare Maeglin if the entrance to Gondolin is revealed.
- Maeglin, still undeterred, refuses. Morgoth then promises kingship of the city and Idril. Maeglin decides to betray Turgon.
- Galadriel and her followers escape the forest. She sets a constant guard on Elwing and the Silmaril and leads them to the Havens.
- Maedhros brings the bodies of his brothers back to their home.
- Maedhros, Maglor and Amras discuss their next move. Maedhros is reluctant to continue searching the wilderness.
- Maeglin returns to Gondolin. He lies about his wounds and returns to his place by Turgon’s side.
- Idril notices the change in Maeglin.
- Maeglin convinces a few lords to take his word over Turgon’s.
- Turgon ignores the words of Idril and prepares the city for the feast of the Gates of Summer.
- Gothmog leads a great host of orcs over the northern hills of Tumladen.
First Appearance – Salgant
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Book of Lost Tales.
- Turgon on His Throne – Catherine Chmiel
- Tuor, Gelmir and Arminas – Ted Nasmith
- Maedhros the Tall – Tuuliky
- The Storm is Coming – Liga Klavina
- The few guards on the hills are quickly slaughtered. The red light of the sun blinds the city to the advance in the north.
- Riders come to Turgon saying Morgoth has crossed the mountains.
- Turgon calls his commanders to council. Tuor advises to flee, but Maeglin, Salgant and other lords advise to hold. Turgon listens to Maeglin.
- The Gondolindrim deploy for battle
- Turgon’s war machines fire. Gothmog leads an assault on the North Gate with Morgoth’s iron war machines.
- Maeglin kidnaps Idril and Earendil and takes them to the walls.
- Tuor catches Maeglin on the walls as he is about to throw Earendil. Their houses fight. Tuor is victorious and casts Maeglin from the walls to his death.
- Dragons manage to breach the wall. Gothmog breaks through the north gate.
- Tuor leaves Idril with Voronwe and joins Glorfindel and Ecthelion in battle.
- Balrogs, dragons and orcs attack the remaining men. Despite balrogs and dragons falling, Tuor is forced to retreat to the Square of the King.
- Seven dragons lead the assault and Tuor is thrown down and forced to retreat. Ecthelion covers him, facing Gothmog. Despite being wounded and disarmed he drives his helmet into Gothmog’s chest, forcing him into the Fountain of the King. He holds onto Gothmog until they both drown.
- Turgon retreats to the tower, where he decries his own dismissal of Ulmo and casts off his crown. He bids the people follow Tuor.
- Tuor leads the people south towards the secret way.
- Turgon is killed as the Tower is broken and falls upon him.
- Tuor is reunited with Idril and later Earendil.
- The group is split over which path to take. Tuor leads his followers to Eagle’s Cleft, the other group head for the Way of Escape and are slain by a dragon.
- A balrog and many orcs catch them on the pass. Glorfindel stands against it. He throws the balrog off the pass but falls himself.
- The eagles kill the remaining orcs. They bury Glorfindel and escape Gondolin.
First Appearances – Elgamoth, Penlod, Galdor, Rog
Deaths – Turgon, Maeglin, Ecthelion, Glorfindel, Gothmog, Elgamoth, Penlod, Galdor, Rog, Salgant
Adapted from ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Book of Lost Tales.
- Morgoth’s Forces Before Gondolin – John Howe
- The Siege of Gondolin – John Howe
- Attack of the Dark Forces – John Howe
- Maeglin Laid Hands on Idril, and on Earendil – Catherine Chmiel
- Ecthelion and Gothmog – Nicholas Cloister
- Last Stand – Lourdes Velez
- Glorfindel and the Balrog – John Howe
Season 4 begins immediately after Season 3. It covers the entire story of The Children of Hurin, along with Tuor’s Coming to Gondolin. The story of the Noldor takes a back seat this season, the remaining Noldor appearing relatively few times compared to past seasons. Other storylines covered include Idril and Maeglin, The Wanderings of Hurin, the Nauglamir and Dior and Nimloth.
Prologue – Rivendell
- Maglor finally comes to Elrond’s home, Rivendell. Here he tells Elrond and his bright-eyed daughter Arwen the tales of Turin and Tuor.
- Morwen and Rian care for their children, Turin, Lalaith and Tuor, awaiting word of their husbands.
- Rian cannot stay in Dor-lomin and leaves to find Huor. She refuses to leave Tuor in Dor-lomin and brings him to the elves of Mithrim.
- Lalaith becomes ill with the plague.
- Turin helps Sador with his work. When Turin brings him tools he has stolen, Sador tells him to return them and not to steal.
- Rian is told of Huor’s death by Fingon’s folk. She abandons Tuor and wanders alone in the wild.
- Morgoth chains Hurin to a chair on the foremost peak of Thangorodrim, cursing his kin and forcing him to watch their fate through his eyes after Hurin refuses to give up the location of Gondolin.
- Gwindor is forced into labour.
- Turgon is crowned High King of the Noldor. A headstone is erected for Fingon beside Fingolfin’s grave.
- Easterlings invade the broken realms of Hithlum and Dor-lomin. Many elves and men are forced to flee, many more become slaves.
- Annael leads his men and young Tuor out of Mithrim and into the caves of Androth.
- Only three men return from the Battle of Unnumbered Tears.
- Lalaith dies. A small funeral is held, but shortly after Easterlings ransack their homes.
- Morwen hides Turin from the Easterlings, as he is the heir of Hador.
- Morwen along with Sador send Turin away under cover of darkness with two guards. They are ordered to take him to Doriath.
First Appearances – Tuor, Brodda, Asgon, Arwen, Grithnir, Gethron
Deaths – Lalaith, Emeldir
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Fifth Battle’ and ‘Of Turin Turambar’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin’ and ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Battle of Unnumbered Tears’, ‘The Words of Hurin and Morgoth’ and ‘The Departure of Turin’ from The Children of Hurin.
- Hurin’s Family – Anna Kulisz
- Lalaith – Ted Nasmith
- Turin and Labadal – Catherine Chmiel
- Hurin in his Chair – Alan Lee
- Tuor in Caves of Androth – ?
- The outlaws ambush and destroy several orc-bands.
- More and more men join the outlaws.
- Mim’s hatred for Beleg grows too much and he leaves to seek out servants of Morgoth.
- Mim betrays the location of Amon Rudh to the orcs, who keep his son as a hostage. Mim leads them to his home.
- The orcs attack the outlaws and drive them inside the cave. They try to escape but all are slain save for Turin and Beleg, who are captured.
- Turin is taken by the orcs while a wounded Beleg is left to die. Mim prepares to kill Beleg but is scared off by Androg, who manages to free Beleg before he dies.
- Beleg stitches his own wounds and goes after Turin. He follows the orc tracks and comes across Gwindor. Together they find the orc camp.
- Tuor ambushes a group of Easterlings near his cave. He slays them all.
- Tuor comes to the spring near his cave to find it overflowing. The stream flows in a direct line away to the west. Tuor follows it.
- Beleg dispatches the guards and finds Turin tied to a tree. Gwindor and Beleg carry him out of the camp to a thicket of thorn trees. There Beleg attempts to cut Turin’s bonds, but Anglachel slips and cuts Turin. Turin awakes and sees a dark figure bending over him and thinking it’s an orc tormentor seizes the blade and kills Beleg.
- A flash of lightning reveals Beleg’s face. Turin’s fury is so terrible all Gwindor can do is cower on the ground.
- Turin sits unmoving for a long while, before Gwindor rouses him to bury Beleg. Gwindor takes Anglachel.
- Gwindor leads Turin to Nargothrond.
- Morwen and Nienor arrive at Doriath, but are devastated to not find Turin there. They stay as guests of Thingol and Melian.
- Dior courts Nimloth. He also strikes up a great friendship with Galadriel and Celeborn.
Havens of Sirion
- Ulmo appears to Cirdan and Gil-Galad in their new home. He has a warning for Orodreth.
- Maeglin asks Turgon for Idril’s hand, but he refuses. He says the Eldar do not wed with kin so near.
- Maeglin begs Idril to run away with him. Idril scorns Maeglin for his dark character, saying she never liked him.
- Turgon offers Maeglin the position of his right hand if Maeglin does not bother Idril again.
Deaths – Beleg, Androg, Algund, Orleg, Ulrad
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Maeglin’, ‘Of Turin Turambar’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’, ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ and ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Land of Bow and Helm’, ‘The Death of Beleg’, ‘Turin in Nargothrond’ and ‘The Fall of Nargothrond’ from The Children of Hurin.
- Beleg’s Death – Felix Sotomayor
- Turin Captured – Catherine Chmiel
- Beleg’s Death – Anke Eissmann
- Turgon-Idril-Maeglin – Lady Ithilwen
- Gwindor is unrecognised by most at Nargothrond, save for Finduilas.
- Turin introduces himself as the Bloodstained, son of Ill-fate. The elves reforge Anglachel for Turin, who names it Gurthang.
- Turin wishes to prove himself in battle and does so. Orodreth admits him to his council.
- Turin urges Orodreth to abandon their secrecy and strike against Morgoth.
- Despite Gwindor’s warnings, Orodreth listens to Turin and makes a great number of weapons. A bridge is built over the Narog.
- Finduilas falls for Turin, who does not return her affections. Gwindor reminds her of his race and his curse.
- Morgoth sends out Glaurung to destroy Nargothrond
- Morwen and Nienor hear of rumours that Mormegil of Nargothrond is Turin. Morwen leaves Doriath alone.
- Thingol sends riders after Morwen. Nienor conceals herself among them.
- Mablung finds Morwen and wishes to take her back to Doriath. Morwen refuses. Mablung feels compelled to protect her so goes along with her.
- Turin grows to command the armies of Nargothrond.
- Messengers from Cirdan arrive, seeking Orodreth. They carry a message from Ulmo, warning Nargothrond to shut their gates.
- Word comes of Glaurung heading south. Orodreth and Turin ride out with the army.
- Orodreth is slain and the elves are defeated. Gwindor is wounded but saved by Turin. A dying Gwindor pleads with Turin to save Finduilas.
- Turin returns to Nargothrond but Glaurung follows soon after. Glaurung breaks the doors and kills, burns amd captures many inside. Turin stands against Glaurung but is caught in his glare.
- Glaurung taunts Turin, but Turin manages to break the spell and stab at his eyes. Glaurung retreats. Turin believes the words of Glaurung and leaves to find Morwen and Nienor instead of pursuing the enemy.
- Tuor follows the stream to Nevrast, Turgon’s old land. He follows seven swans to the castle of Vinyamar, where he finds the shield, armour and sword left there by Turgon.
- Outside the castle a large storm brews. Tuor goes outside and before him appears Ulmo. Ulmo has Tuor seek out Gondolin, shadowing him with a great cloak.
First Appearances – Gelmir (II), Arminas
Deaths – Gwindor, Orodreth
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Turin Turambar’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ and ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘Turin in Nargothrond’, ‘The Fall of Nargothrond’ and ‘The Journey of Morwen and Nienor to Nargothrond’ from The Children of Hurin.
- The Fall of Nargothrond – Walter Florusse
- Turin and Finduilas – Elena Kukanova
- Assault on Nargothrond – Pete Amachree
- Ulmo, Lord of the Waters – John Howe
- Turin does not know Nienor and he brings her back to Ephel Brandir. He tells her his name is Turambar. He calls her Niniel, Maid of Tears.
- Brandir heals Niniel. Months pass and she learns to speak again and helps Brandir with his lameness. Turin grows very fond of her.
- Turin and Niniel fall in love. Against Brandir’s advice, he asks for her hand in marriage.
- Brandir warns Niniel of the curse on Turambar’s family, as he has fallen for her as well. Niniel says the shadow on him has been lifted.
- Seeing his children unknowingly fall in love breaks Hurin’s mighty spirit. Morgoth taunts him once more.
- Turin and Niniel wed with a great feast. The men of Brethil honour them with a house of their own. That night she becomes pregnant.
- Mablung returns to Thingol in shame. He steps down as Captain and leaves to find Morwen and Nienor.
- Dior and Nimloth are wed in Menegroth.
- Dior and Nimloth return to Ossiriand.
- Tuor and Voronwe reach the gate of Gondolin. They are taken as prisoner to Ecthelion. Tuor shows him the weapons and armour of Vinyamar, and Ecthelion knows he has been sent by Ulmo.
- Ecthelion brings Tuor to Turgon. Tuor gives the warning said to him by Ulmo, but his eyes are drawn to Idril.
- Thorondor brings word of the Fall of Nargothrond.
- Maeglin speaks against Tuor. Turgon refuses the bidding of Ulmo and decides to stay in Gondolin.
- Tuor courts Idril, telling her tales of the outside world while she recounts the adventures of the Noldor. Maeglin watches them from afar.
- The people of Gondolin take kindly to Tuor, including Turgon. He gives Tuor leave to be with Idril if he wishes.
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Turin Turambar’, ‘Of The Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ and ‘Narn i Chin Hurin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘Nienor in Brethil’ from The Children of Hurin.
- Tuor Reaches the Hidden City of Gondolin – Ted Nasmith
- Turin and Niniel – EmberRoseArt
- Dior and Nimloth – kimberly80
- Turgon Receives Tuor and Voronwe