Prologue – Arda (Y.T 1050-1105)
The Awakening of the Elves and their journey to Valinor, Finwe leads the Noldor while Elwe leads the Teleri and stays in Middle-Earth
Beleriand (Y.T. 1497)
- Morgoth and Ungoliant reach Middle-Earth. Once in sight of Angband, Ungoliant turns on Morgoth demanding the Silmarils. Ungoliant attacks him, and his scream reaches Gothmog and the balrogs, who rescue him. Ungoliant flees.
- Feanor speaks with Fingolfin. He will sail across the sea to Middle-Earth and send the ships back for Fingolfin.
- Feanor burns the ships. However he leaves his son on the ships, accidentally burning him alive.
- Maedhros refuses to take part in the burning, as his friend Fingon was still in Aman.
- The Teleri question Galadriel.
- Galadriel decides to leave Valinor. With Celeborn she sails over the sea to Middle-earth.
- Fingolfin sees the smoke of the ships from afar. Refusing to turn back, he leads his people through the ice desert of Helcaraxe.
- They push on through the ice desert, though many die. Turgon loses his wife Elenwe when she falls under the ice.
Deaths – Amrod, Elenwe
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor’ and ‘Of the Flight of the Noldor’ from The Silmarillion.
- Across the Grinding Ice – Lyra
- Osse and Teleri – Steamey
- Ungoliant Demands the Silmarils – Ted Nasmith
- Burning of the White Ships at Losgar – Jenny Dolfen
- Death of Elenwe – mintkim