Prologue – Utumno (Y.T. 1099-1100)
Tulkas and the Valar wage war on Melkor. Utumno is destroyed and Melkor is imprisoned.
Valinor (Y.T. 1496)
- Aule begins work on the Sun and Moon.
- Feanor and the first host head to Aqualonde
- Fingon and his host go second, while Fingolfin and his sons are the last to leave Tirion
- From afar, a great Eagle follows them.
- Feanor and his sons try and persuade the Teleri to give him their ships. The Teleri refuse to go against the Valar.
- The Noldor steal some ships, but the Teleri throw them off into the harbour. The Noldor and Teleri join in battle.
- Galadriel tries to intervene. When her pleas are ignored, she fights for the Teleri.
- Fingon and his host come to Alqualonde and join the fight under assumption that the Teleri attacked Feanor.
- Finarfin and Fingolfin arrive and Feanor lies to them about the Kinslaying.
- Feanor and his men take the ships. Fingolfin and Finarfin travel north along the coast on foot.
- Mandos appears on the mountains and proclaims the Doom of the Noldor.
- Hearing the truth, Finarfin takes his host and turns back to Valinor. His children remain with Fingolfin.
- Morgoth and Ungoliant cross the Helcaraxe into Middle Earth
First Appearances – Sauron, Gothmog, Olwe, Thorondor
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor’, ‘Of the Sun and Moon’ and ‘Of the Flight of the Noldor’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales.
- The First Kinslaying – Ted Nasmith
- The Valiant Incoming – Ninni-V
- Alqualonde – Thomas Rouillard
- Helcaraxe – Andrew Mockett