Prologue – Valinor (Y.T. 1000)
Yavanna asks Manwe for protection, as she fears Elves, Men and Dwarves will destroy her plants and animals. Manwe gives her a vision of the Ents, who will protect them.
Formenos (Y.T. 1495)
- An impenetrable black fog falls over Formenos.
- Finwe alone goes out to face it. He is killed by Melkor.
- Melkor and Ungoliant force their way in and steal the Silmarils.
- Feanor names Melkor ‘Morgoth’
- Feanor gives an impassioned speech to the Noldor. He rebels against the Valar and leads the Noldor to Middle-Earth.
- The Noldor are convinced to go. Finrod and Fingon are among Feanor’s supporters, while Turgon and Glorfindel advise against it, but follow their families.
- Feanor gathers his sons and swears the Oath of Feanor, despite Fingolfin and Glorfindel’s objections. The Oath states they will fight anyone who withholds the Silmarils from the descendents of Feanor.
- Nerdanel refuses to follow Feanor. She begs for Amras and Amrod to be left with her. Feanor refuses.
- Finrod is forced to choose between his kin and his beloved Amarie of the Vanyar. He chooses to follow the Noldor.
- Against the Valar, the Noldor set out for Middle-Earth
First Appearance – Treebeard
Deaths – Finwe
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Aule and Yavanna’ and ‘Of the Flight of the Noldor’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The Grey Annals’ from The War of the Jewels.
- The Oath of Feanor – Jenny Dolfen
- The Oath of Feanor – Ted Nasmith
- The Parting of Lovers 2 – aautio