Prologue – Valinor (Y.T. 1400)
Manwe, unable to understand evil and with the advice of Nienna, releases Melkor to live in Valinor.
Angband (Y.T. 1497)
- Sauron informs Morgoth of the Noldor’s arrival. Morgoth makes quick plans to strike first.
- The Noldor meet the Grey-Elves in Mithrim, learning of the First Battle and of King Thingol
- Feanor makes plans with his sons to besiege Angband. Maedhros wants to wait for Fingolfin but Feanor refuses.
- The encampment is ambushed by Morgoth’s forces, led by Gothmog.
- Feanor fights back and disperses the orcs. He leads his forces north.
- They are attacked by orcs retreating from the south, but Feanor’s sons lead an assault and overwhelm them.
- Feanor and his sons destroy most of the orcs, but a small group escapes. Feanor pursues them in his wrath.
- Many more of Fingolfin’s host have died. Fingolfin leads them on, leaving the ice desert as the moon rises.
- Feanor leads the army to within sight of Angband. But as he reached Dor Daedeloth, a host of balrogs issued forth from Thangorodrim.
First Appearance – Drauglin
Adapted from ‘Of Feanor and the Unchaining of Melkor’, ‘Of the Sindar’ and ‘Of the Return of the Noldor’ from The Silmarillion.
- moon-and-stars – Tamera Smith
- The Captivity of Morgoth – Jacek Kopalski
- The Balrogs of Morgoth – Thylacinee
- The Coming of Fingolfin – Jenny Dolfen