- Thorondor brings Fingolfn’s body to a peak above Gondolin. Turgon sees this and hurries up there. He builds a cairn over his father’s body, before sending word to Fingon at Barad Eithel.
- Finrod and Barahir meet with Fingon. They receive word of the King’s death from Thorondor. Fingon is named High King of the Noldor.
- Finrod asks Barahir to return with him to Nargothrond, but Barahir instead returns to Dorthonion to help any of his people who remain
- Glaurung returns to Thangorodrim with ten thousand Noldorian prisoners. Sauron tells Morgoth of the lands and people they now control.
- Barahir manages to save many families who flee East. Refusing to leave behind his lands, he and 11 others form an outlaw band who remain in Dorthonion, contesting Morgoth’s rule.
- Maedhros and Maglor remained unharmed in the fortress. Maedhros tells Maglor they will continue to honour the oath and they will find their brothers.
Vale of Sirion
- Ulmo speaks to Thorondor the Eagle, who is flying back to Gondolin. He convinces him to take Hurin and Huor to Gondolin.
- Hurin and Huor remain in the mist. Thorondor and his eagles come to them. Hurin is hesitant at first, but realises he has no other option.
- Thorondor flies Hurin and Huor to Gondolin, where he speaks with Turin about Ulmo’s words. Ulmo had said that the children of Hador will aid Gondolin in its darkest hour. Turgon welcomes the brothers.
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin’ and ‘Of Beren and Luthien’ from The Silmarillion.
- Death of Fingolfin – Abe Papakhian
- The Oath of Felagund – aautio
- At Tarn Aeluin – Ted Nasmith
- Hurin and Huor are Carried to Gondolin – Alan Lee