Prologue – Rivendell
- The White Council meets to discuss the Rings of Power.
- Saruman declares the Ring lost in the Belegaer.
- Gaffer Gamgee and a few hobbits discuss Bilbo at the Green Dragon.
- Bilbo continues to write the Red Book.
- Bilbo and Frodo send out invitations to his 111th birthday party.
- Bilbo and Frodo, along with Sam, Merry, Pippin, Fatty, Gaffer and several other hobbits prepare for the party.
- Gandalf arrives and talks with Bilbo.
- Gandalf shows off his fireworks at the party.
- Bilbo gives a speech. At the end of the speech he puts on the Ring and disappears.
- After arguing with Gandalf, Bilbo leaves the Ring behind and leaves.
- Frodo arrives back at Bag End. Gandalf gives him the Ring.
- The next day Gandalf says he must leave immediately. He tells Frodo not to wear the Ring.
- Saruman looks in the Palantir towards Mordor, finding Sauron.
- Easterlings come to Mordor.
- Sauron sends out servants to find the One Ring.
- The Nazgul capture Gollum.
- Gandalf finds and read a scroll written by Isildur about the One Ring.
- A messenger comes to Erebor to speak with Dain. They mention Bilbo and the Ring.
- Dain sends Gloin, Gimli and a few others to Rivendell to warn Bilbo.
First Appearances – Frodo Baggins, Sam Gamgee, Merry Brandybuck, Pippin Took, Fatty Bolger, Odo Proudfoot, Lotho Sackville-Baggins, Robin Smallburrow, Rosie Cotton, Gimli
Adapted from chapters ‘A Long-expected Party’, ‘The Shadow of the Past’, ‘The Council of Elrond’ and Appendix B of The Lord of the Rings.
- Bilbo’s Eleventy First Birthday Party – Paul Raymond Gregory
- The Shire – Roger Garland
- Gandalf Returns to Hobbiton – John Howe
- Bilbo’s Speech – Francesco Amadio
- Saruman and the Palantir – Anna Kulisz
- Nazgul – cblair
- An orc pack attacks Thranduil’s Realm. Gollum escapes.
- Thranduil sends Legolas to Rivendell with news of the escape.
- Black riders destroy the hobbits’ room.
- Sam finds the ponies missing. They buy a malnourished pony from Bill Ferny.
- Aragorn leads the hobbits away from Bree, with the town watching.
- Aragorn strays from the road and takes the hobbits through the marshes.
- Gandalf comes to Bree. He berates Barliman for not sending the letter on. He leaves again.
- Gandalf rides to Weathertop. He sees no sign of the hobbits, but is ambushed by the black riders.
- Frodo sees bright lightning and flashes of light in the distance. Aragorn says it appears to be coming from Weathertop.
- The next day Aragorn and the hobbits arrive at Weathertop. They find a camp and runes on the top, leading them to suspect Gandalf was there.
- They camp on the side of the hill, where Aragorn tells stories of Luthien.
- Black riders invade the clearing. Frodo puts on the Ring and gets stabbed in the shoulder. Aragorn drives off the Ringwraiths with fire.
- Aragorn tries to heal the wound with athelas. He leads the hobbits away from Weathertop.
- Aragorn finds an elfstone in the road. They come upon the stone trolls.
Ford of Bruinen
- Hearing hooves, they hide. The rider is Glorfindel, of Gondolin. He puts Frodo on his horse and leads them on.
- Hearing black riders behind them, Glorfindel calls his horse to carry Frodo across the Ford. At the Ford, Frodo turns back and defies the Ringwraiths. Glorfindel comes up behind them and they begin to cross the river. A rush of water engulfs them.
- Frodo falls unconscious.
First Appearance – Bill Ferny
Adapted from chapters ‘A Knife in the Dark’, ‘Flight to the Ford’ and ‘The Council of Elrond’ of The Lord of the Rings.
- Black Rider – John Howe
- Gollum Flees the Mirkwood Elves – John Howe
- Fire on Weathertop – Ted Nasmith
- Midgewater Marshes – Anna Kulisz
- Against the Shadow – John Howe
- Glorfindel – Liga Klavina
- Flight to the Ford – John Howe
- Tar-Palantir dies with his daughter Miriel by his side.
- Pharazon, Amandil and the other lords decide what to do with the kingship.
- Pharazon, with the support of the people, seizes the thrones and takes Miriel as wife against her will.
- Amandil and Elendil attempt to stop this, but are overruled by the majority. They return to their lands of Romenna.
- Pharazon bans all elven visitors to Numenor.
- The last elves on Numenor bring word of Sauron’s doings and leave Romenna with Amandil’s messages to Gil-Galad.
- The Nazgul attack the Numenoreans settlements in Middle-Earth.
- Elendil tells Ar-Pharazon of Sauron’s proclamation.
- Ar-Pharazon declares war on Sauron, ready to take the title of ‘King of Men’ for his own.
- Ar-Pharazon’s navy sets sail towards Middle-Earth. The Faithful remain behind.
- Elendil continues to tend to the failing White Tree.
- Ar-Pharazon’s great fleet lands at Umbar. The men and orcs there flee.
- Sauron witnesses the host marching to the Black Gate. Even his greatest servants desert him.
- Heralds arrive at Barad-Dur to call Sauron to Ar-Pharazon.
- Sauron submits before Ar-Pharazon, swearing fealty to him.
- Ar-Pharazon takes Sauron back to Numenor as a hostage. Sauron feigns dismay, but is secretly glad.
First Appearances – Fuinur, Herumor
Death – Tar-Palantir
- Mairon the Admirable – ?
- Ar-Zimraphel – Shyangell
- Horsemen in the Night – John Howe
- Sauron Comes to Ar-Pharazon – Demi-urgic