- Tar-Palantir dies with his daughter Miriel by his side.
- Pharazon, Amandil and the other lords decide what to do with the kingship.
- Pharazon, with the support of the people, seizes the thrones and takes Miriel as wife against her will.
- Amandil and Elendil attempt to stop this, but are overruled by the majority. They return to their lands of Romenna.
- Pharazon bans all elven visitors to Numenor.
- The last elves on Numenor bring word of Sauron’s doings and leave Romenna with Amandil’s messages to Gil-Galad.
- The Nazgul attack the Numenoreans settlements in Middle-Earth.
- Elendil tells Ar-Pharazon of Sauron’s proclamation.
- Ar-Pharazon declares war on Sauron, ready to take the title of ‘King of Men’ for his own.
- Ar-Pharazon’s navy sets sail towards Middle-Earth. The Faithful remain behind.
- Elendil continues to tend to the failing White Tree.
- Ar-Pharazon’s great fleet lands at Umbar. The men and orcs there flee.
- Sauron witnesses the host marching to the Black Gate. Even his greatest servants desert him.
- Heralds arrive at Barad-Dur to call Sauron to Ar-Pharazon.
- Sauron submits before Ar-Pharazon, swearing fealty to him.
- Ar-Pharazon takes Sauron back to Numenor as a hostage. Sauron feigns dismay, but is secretly glad.
First Appearances – Fuinur, Herumor
Death – Tar-Palantir
- Mairon the Admirable – ?
- Ar-Zimraphel – Shyangell
- Horsemen in the Night – John Howe
- Sauron Comes to Ar-Pharazon – Demi-urgic