Season 6 will be the last to cover The Silmarillion. It will consist mostly of Akallabeth and extra material featured in Unfinished Tales. The main story is the Downfall of Numenor and the Last Alliance, which will be the bulk of this season. The first couple of episodes will cover the establishment of Numenor, the making of the Rings of Power and the War of the Elves and Sauron. These events will be streamlined a little to compensate for time constraints. Other events covered would include the establishment of the great kingdoms and cities of Middle-Earth, including Lindon, Eregion, Lothlorien, Gondor, Arnor and Imladris, as well as the disaster of Gladden Fields, the coming of the Istari and the expansion of Khazad-Dum.
Elrond takes over as narrator, as Maglor is no longer involved in the events of the story.
Prologue – Rivendell (Third Age)
- Having heard the tale of Earendil, the children of Elrond are now keen to know the stories of the Second Age. So Elrond begins the tale of the men of his brother, Elros.
Valinor (Second Age Y. 1)
- The Valar convene again. They give the returned elves the Isle of Eressea to dwell in and build the tower of Avallone.
- Manwe declares that due to the destruction of Beleriand the Valar will never again intervene in the affairs of Middle Earth.
- Manwe sends Eonwe to give the Edain that fought in the War of Wrath their reward.
- Gil-Galad establishes a kingdom in Lindon.
- Elros and the Edain dwell here for a while.
- Eonwe arrives with messages from the Valar. He reveals a new land has been raised for the Edain.
- Elros says goodbye to Elrond and the elves and leads his men over the sea, following the Star of Earendil.
Numenor (S.A. 32-442)
- Osse raises the island from the sea. Aule and Yavanna model it and give it life.
- Elros arrives and establishes the Kingdom of Numenor.
- From Meneltarma, the highest peak on Numenor, Elros gazes upon the light of Valinor and the tower of Avallone.
- (Building of the Kingdom of Numenor)
- Death of Elros and creation of the line of the Lords of Andunie.
Lindon (S.A. 750-1200)
- Many elves, including Celebrimbor, Galadriel, Celeborn and Oropher, leave Lindon to found their own colonies.
- Celebrimbor comes across a tall man calling himself Annatar.
First Appearances – Oropher, Thanduil, Celebrian
Death – Elros
Adapted from chapters ‘Akallabeth’ and ‘Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’, ‘A Description of the Island of Numenor’ and ‘The Line of Elros’ from Unfinished Tales, Appendices A and B of ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Tales of Years of the Second Age’ from The Peoples of Middle-earth.
- Numenor Map – Narfil Palurfalas
- The End of the Age – Ted Nasmith
- Numenor – Feliche
- Ost-in-edhil – ?
- Annatar – Alais
- The Numenoreans trade with the elves of Lindon and the men of the south.
- Messengers from Valinor arrive. The men of Numenor argue about why they are not allowed to sail to Valinor.
- The servants of Sauron construct Barad-Dur and the Black Gate.
Eregion (S.A. 1500)
- Celebrimbor and Sauron talk. Celebrimbor directs him to Gil-Galad.
- Celebrimbor makes advances on Galadriel, who refuses him.
- Celebrimbor creates a version of the Elessar for Galadriel.
- They are visited by dwarves of Khazad-Dum who ask for help in creating doorways to their kingdom.
- Celebrimbor creates the Door of Durin.
- Gil-Galad does not trust Sauron and turns him away.
- Sauron returns to Celebrimbor and suggests the idea for the Rings of Power.
- Sauron turns Celebrimbor against Galadriel, driving her away.
- The Rings of Power are made. Celebrimbor creates three rings without Sauron’s knowledge.
- Sauron leaves Eregion.
- Galadriel and Celeborn come across Lorinand and decide to settle there.
- Sauron creates the One Ring.
- As Sauron puts the Ring on, Celebrimbor becomes aware of his treachery. He sends messengers to Gil-Galad.
- Sauron attacks Eregion. Dwarves arrive from the east but are defeated. Gil-Galad sends word to Numenor.
- Celebrimbor sends the three rings away, two to Gil-Galad and one to Galadriel.
- Sauron tortures Celebrimbor for the location of the rings. Celebrimbor is killed and his body carried as a banner for the forces of Sauron.
First Appearances – Tar-Minastir, Ciryatur, Durin III, Narvi, Amdir, Amroth
Deaths – Celebrimbor
- City of Ost-in-Edhel Mural – Alan Lee
- Barad-Dur – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Sauron – Weillach
- Celebrimbor – Angus McBride
- The Forging of the One – Ted Nasmith
- Celebrimbor – Kaaile
- King Tar-Minastir sails to Lindon with many thousands.
- Elrond is besieged in Imladris.
- The Dunedain defeat Sauron and lift the Siege of Imladris.
- Sauron flees back to Mordor
- Sauron reveals he has captured the remaining Rings. He gives them to men and dwarves who trust him.
- Glorfindel returns to Middle-Earth, bringing with him the Blue wizards.
- The first White Council is held. Glorfindel introduces the Istari to the Council, detailing their mission.
- Elrond first meets Celebrian, the daughter of Galadriel and Celeborn.
- The King’s Men, under Pharazon, return from battling Sauron in Middle-Earth.
- The King’s Men speak out against the Valar and the elves.
- The Faithful, led by Amandil and his son Elendil, tend to the fading White Tree and to the Hallow of Eru.
- King Tar-Palantir repents for the actions of past Kings and seeks the forgiveness of the Valar, but it does not come.
- The majority of the Numenoreans remain against the Valar, encouraged by Pharazon.
- Sauron claims his title as King of Men. He releases the Nazgul to terrorise the people of Middle-Earth.
First Appearances – Tar-Palantir, Pharazon, Amandil, Elendil, Isildur, Anarion, Miriel, The Witch-King, Alatar, Pallando
Deaths – Tar-Minastir, Ciryatur, Narvi, Durin III
- White Tree of Numenor
- Imladris – Eric Faure-Brac
- Glorfindel – Liga Klavina
- At the Foot of the Meneltarma – Jef Murray
- Black Riders – John Howe
- Tar-Palantir dies with his daughter Miriel by his side.
- Pharazon, Amandil and the other lords decide what to do with the kingship.
- Pharazon, with the support of the people, seizes the thrones and takes Miriel as wife against her will.
- Amandil and Elendil attempt to stop this, but are overruled by the majority. They return to their lands of Romenna.
- Pharazon bans all elven visitors to Numenor.
- The last elves on Numenor bring word of Sauron’s doings and leave Romenna with Amandil’s messages to Gil-Galad.
- The Nazgul attack the Numenoreans settlements in Middle-Earth.
- Elendil tells Ar-Pharazon of Sauron’s proclamation.
- Ar-Pharazon declares war on Sauron, ready to take the title of ‘King of Men’ for his own.
- Ar-Pharazon’s navy sets sail towards Middle-Earth. The Faithful remain behind.
- Elendil continues to tend to the failing White Tree.
- Ar-Pharazon’s great fleet lands at Umbar. The men and orcs there flee.
- Sauron witnesses the host marching to the Black Gate. Even his greatest servants desert him.
- Heralds arrive at Barad-Dur to call Sauron to Ar-Pharazon.
- Sauron submits before Ar-Pharazon, swearing fealty to him.
- Ar-Pharazon takes Sauron back to Numenor as a hostage. Sauron feigns dismay, but is secretly glad.
First Appearances – Fuinur, Herumor
Death – Tar-Palantir
- Mairon the Admirable – ?
- Ar-Zimraphel – Shyangell
- Horsemen in the Night – John Howe
- Sauron Comes to Ar-Pharazon – Demi-urgic
- Elendil and his sons fight against the winds. They are separated.
- The White Council meet again to discuss the Breaking of the World.
- Elendil’s ships arrive on the shores of Lindon.
- Elendil meets with Gil-Galad and the Council and tells them of the Downfall of Numenor.
- Sauron rises from the sea in physical form.
- Isildur and Anarion’s ships come to the Mouths of Anduin. They sail up the Anduin until they reach Pelargir.
- Gil-Galad guides Elendil up the river Lhun. Here Elendil finds settlements of Numenoreans. He and his followers settle here, calling their land Arnor.
- Anarion travels to the North, where he finds his father.
- (Building of Annuminas, Minas Ithil, Minas Anor and Osgiliath)
- The Palantiri are placed all other Middle-Earth.
- Sauron returns to Barad-Dur and wears the One Ring. Mount Doom erupts.
First Appearances – Aratan, Ciryan, Valandil
- Annuminas – Lord of the Rings Online, Turbine, Inc.
- Ships of the Faithful – Ted Nasmith
- Pelargir – ?
- Osgiliath – Alan Lee
The final episode of Season 6 and The Silmarillion part of the series will be another feature-length film like Wrath, around 90 – 120 minutes in length, theoretically. It will cover the entire War of the Last Alliance. The war will have to be simplified to fit in with time constraints so not all seven years of the Siege of Barad-Dur will be detailed fully. Several events leading up to and after the war will be streamlined as well.
- Gil-Galad and Cirdan’s army meets with Elendil and Isildur’s army at Amon Sul
- The Last Alliance camps in Rivendell.
- Elrond sends out riders to Khazad-Dum, Lothlorien and Greenwood.
- Isildur says farewell to his wife and youngest son.
- The Last Alliance crosses the Misty Mountains and meets with the armies of Amdir of Lothlorien, Oropher of Greenwood and the dwarves of Khazad-Dum.
- Anarion confers with Elendil through the Palantir.
- Sauron watches the armies gather through the Palantir stolen from Minas Ithil.
- Anarion’s army marches north.
- The Last Alliance halts in front of the Black Gate. They are joined by Anarion. Isildur curses the men who did not honour their oath.
- Sauron’s army attacks. Gil-Galad orders the lines to hold. Amdir and Oropher refuse to take orders from the Noldor and attack the orcs. Oropher is killed and Amdir is forced to flee, later drowning in the marshes.
- Thranduil takes command of the Greenwood army.
- Gil-Galad and Elendil defeat Sauron’s first wave and besiege the Black Gate. They manage to climb it and open it. They enter Mordor.
- The Last Alliance march to Barad-Dur. They set up camp upon Gorgoroth.
- Elendil challenges Sauron to come forth. In response Sauron sends fire raining down from Barad-Dur.
- Elendil orders siege weapons to break down Barad-Dur’s gates and towers, but the tower is too strong to be broken.
- Anarion is killed by a rock thrown from the tower.
- All of Sauron’s forces flee the battle. Elendil challenges Sauron once more.
- Sauron leads his last forces out of the tower, breaking through the lines.
- Sauron destroys hundreds of elves and men before reaching Elendil and Gil-Galad.
- Elendil and Gil-Galad duel with Sauron. Elendil runs Sauron through with Narsil but is cast off, Narsil breaking under him. Gil-Galad then pierces Sauron’s neck with Aeglos, but is crushed and burned by Sauron’s body.
- Isildur takes the hilt of Narsil and cuts the Ring from Sauron’s hand, destroying his body.
- Barad-Dur’s tower falls, but its foundations remain.
- The remaining orcs and Easterlings flee.
- Elrond and Cirdan order Isildur to destroy the Ring, but he chooses not to.
- The thousands of dead are buried at Dagorlad.
- Cirdan offers Elrond the title of High King of the Noldor. Elrond does not take it. The Noldor are left without a King.
- The White Tree is planted.
- Isildur is killed while journeying back to Arnor. The Ring is lost.
- Ohtar brings the shards of Narsil to Rivendell. Elrond takes care of Isildur’s youngest son.
- Elrond marries Celebrian
- Gandalf, Saruman and Radagast arrive. They are greeted by Cirdan and Glorfindel.
- The Blue Wizards journey East, never to return.
- Sauron’s spirit reforms.
First Appearances – Gandalf (Istari), Saruman (Istari), Radagast
Deaths – Elendil, Gil-Galad, Isildur, Anarion, Oropher, Amdir, Elendur, Aratan. Ciryan
- Sauron – War of the Last Alliance – Matt DeMino
- Elf Last Alliance – Angel Falto
- The Battle of Dagorlad – Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Dir, Peter Jackson. New Line Cinema.
- Battle of the Last Alliance – entar0178
- I Behold – Abe Papakhian
- Isildur and the Ring – Abe Papakhian
- Istari Arrival on Ship – Alice Falto