Season 6 will be the last to cover The Silmarillion. It will consist mostly of Akallabeth and extra material featured in Unfinished Tales. The main story is the Downfall of Numenor and the Last Alliance, which will be the bulk of this season. The first couple of episodes will cover the establishment of Numenor, the making of the Rings of Power and the War of the Elves and Sauron. These events will be streamlined a little to compensate for time constraints. Other events covered would include the establishment of the great kingdoms and cities of Middle-Earth, including Lindon, Eregion, Lothlorien, Gondor, Arnor and Imladris, as well as the disaster of Gladden Fields, the coming of the Istari and the expansion of Khazad-Dum.
Elrond takes over as narrator, as Maglor is no longer involved in the events of the story.
Prologue – Rivendell (Third Age)
- Having heard the tale of Earendil, the children of Elrond are now keen to know the stories of the Second Age. So Elrond begins the tale of the men of his brother, Elros.
Valinor (Second Age Y. 1)
- The Valar convene again. They give the returned elves the Isle of Eressea to dwell in and build the tower of Avallone.
- Manwe declares that due to the destruction of Beleriand the Valar will never again intervene in the affairs of Middle Earth.
- Manwe sends Eonwe to give the Edain that fought in the War of Wrath their reward.
- Gil-Galad establishes a kingdom in Lindon.
- Elros and the Edain dwell here for a while.
- Eonwe arrives with messages from the Valar. He reveals a new land has been raised for the Edain.
- Elros says goodbye to Elrond and the elves and leads his men over the sea, following the Star of Earendil.
Numenor (S.A. 32-442)
- Osse raises the island from the sea. Aule and Yavanna model it and give it life.
- Elros arrives and establishes the Kingdom of Numenor.
- From Meneltarma, the highest peak on Numenor, Elros gazes upon the light of Valinor and the tower of Avallone.
- (Building of the Kingdom of Numenor)
- Death of Elros and creation of the line of the Lords of Andunie.
Lindon (S.A. 750-1200)
- Many elves, including Celebrimbor, Galadriel, Celeborn and Oropher, leave Lindon to found their own colonies.
- Celebrimbor comes across a tall man calling himself Annatar.
First Appearances – Oropher, Thanduil, Celebrian
Death – Elros
Adapted from chapters ‘Akallabeth’ and ‘Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’, ‘A Description of the Island of Numenor’ and ‘The Line of Elros’ from Unfinished Tales, Appendices A and B of ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Tales of Years of the Second Age’ from The Peoples of Middle-earth.
- Numenor Map – Narfil Palurfalas
- The End of the Age – Ted Nasmith
- Numenor – Feliche
- Ost-in-edhil – ?
- Annatar – Alais
- The Numenoreans trade with the elves of Lindon and the men of the south.
- Messengers from Valinor arrive. The men of Numenor argue about why they are not allowed to sail to Valinor.
- The servants of Sauron construct Barad-Dur and the Black Gate.
Eregion (S.A. 1500)
- Celebrimbor and Sauron talk. Celebrimbor directs him to Gil-Galad.
- Celebrimbor makes advances on Galadriel, who refuses him.
- Celebrimbor creates a version of the Elessar for Galadriel.
- They are visited by dwarves of Khazad-Dum who ask for help in creating doorways to their kingdom.
- Celebrimbor creates the Door of Durin.
- Gil-Galad does not trust Sauron and turns him away.
- Sauron returns to Celebrimbor and suggests the idea for the Rings of Power.
- Sauron turns Celebrimbor against Galadriel, driving her away.
- The Rings of Power are made. Celebrimbor creates three rings without Sauron’s knowledge.
- Sauron leaves Eregion.
- Galadriel and Celeborn come across Lorinand and decide to settle there.
- Sauron creates the One Ring.
- As Sauron puts the Ring on, Celebrimbor becomes aware of his treachery. He sends messengers to Gil-Galad.
- Sauron attacks Eregion. Dwarves arrive from the east but are defeated. Gil-Galad sends word to Numenor.
- Celebrimbor sends the three rings away, two to Gil-Galad and one to Galadriel.
- Sauron tortures Celebrimbor for the location of the rings. Celebrimbor is killed and his body carried as a banner for the forces of Sauron.
First Appearances – Tar-Minastir, Ciryatur, Durin III, Narvi, Amdir, Amroth
Deaths – Celebrimbor
- City of Ost-in-Edhel Mural – Alan Lee
- Barad-Dur – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Sauron – Weillach
- Celebrimbor – Angus McBride
- The Forging of the One – Ted Nasmith
- Celebrimbor – Kaaile
- King Tar-Minastir sails to Lindon with many thousands.
- Elrond is besieged in Imladris.
- The Dunedain defeat Sauron and lift the Siege of Imladris.
- Sauron flees back to Mordor
- Sauron reveals he has captured the remaining Rings. He gives them to men and dwarves who trust him.
- Glorfindel returns to Middle-Earth, bringing with him the Blue wizards.
- The first White Council is held. Glorfindel introduces the Istari to the Council, detailing their mission.
- Elrond first meets Celebrian, the daughter of Galadriel and Celeborn.
- The King’s Men, under Pharazon, return from battling Sauron in Middle-Earth.
- The King’s Men speak out against the Valar and the elves.
- The Faithful, led by Amandil and his son Elendil, tend to the fading White Tree and to the Hallow of Eru.
- King Tar-Palantir repents for the actions of past Kings and seeks the forgiveness of the Valar, but it does not come.
- The majority of the Numenoreans remain against the Valar, encouraged by Pharazon.
- Sauron claims his title as King of Men. He releases the Nazgul to terrorise the people of Middle-Earth.
First Appearances – Tar-Palantir, Pharazon, Amandil, Elendil, Isildur, Anarion, Miriel, The Witch-King, Alatar, Pallando
Deaths – Tar-Minastir, Ciryatur, Narvi, Durin III
- White Tree of Numenor
- Imladris – Eric Faure-Brac
- Glorfindel – Liga Klavina
- At the Foot of the Meneltarma – Jef Murray
- Black Riders – John Howe
- Tar-Palantir dies with his daughter Miriel by his side.
- Pharazon, Amandil and the other lords decide what to do with the kingship.
- Pharazon, with the support of the people, seizes the thrones and takes Miriel as wife against her will.
- Amandil and Elendil attempt to stop this, but are overruled by the majority. They return to their lands of Romenna.
- Pharazon bans all elven visitors to Numenor.
- The last elves on Numenor bring word of Sauron’s doings and leave Romenna with Amandil’s messages to Gil-Galad.
- The Nazgul attack the Numenoreans settlements in Middle-Earth.
- Elendil tells Ar-Pharazon of Sauron’s proclamation.
- Ar-Pharazon declares war on Sauron, ready to take the title of ‘King of Men’ for his own.
- Ar-Pharazon’s navy sets sail towards Middle-Earth. The Faithful remain behind.
- Elendil continues to tend to the failing White Tree.
- Ar-Pharazon’s great fleet lands at Umbar. The men and orcs there flee.
- Sauron witnesses the host marching to the Black Gate. Even his greatest servants desert him.
- Heralds arrive at Barad-Dur to call Sauron to Ar-Pharazon.
- Sauron submits before Ar-Pharazon, swearing fealty to him.
- Ar-Pharazon takes Sauron back to Numenor as a hostage. Sauron feigns dismay, but is secretly glad.
First Appearances – Fuinur, Herumor
Death – Tar-Palantir
- Mairon the Admirable – ?
- Ar-Zimraphel – Shyangell
- Horsemen in the Night – John Howe
- Sauron Comes to Ar-Pharazon – Demi-urgic
- Elendil and his sons fight against the winds. They are separated.
- The White Council meet again to discuss the Breaking of the World.
- Elendil’s ships arrive on the shores of Lindon.
- Elendil meets with Gil-Galad and the Council and tells them of the Downfall of Numenor.
- Sauron rises from the sea in physical form.
- Isildur and Anarion’s ships come to the Mouths of Anduin. They sail up the Anduin until they reach Pelargir.
- Gil-Galad guides Elendil up the river Lhun. Here Elendil finds settlements of Numenoreans. He and his followers settle here, calling their land Arnor.
- Anarion travels to the North, where he finds his father.
- (Building of Annuminas, Minas Ithil, Minas Anor and Osgiliath)
- The Palantiri are placed all other Middle-Earth.
- Sauron returns to Barad-Dur and wears the One Ring. Mount Doom erupts.
First Appearances – Aratan, Ciryan, Valandil
- Annuminas – Lord of the Rings Online, Turbine, Inc.
- Ships of the Faithful – Ted Nasmith
- Pelargir – ?
- Osgiliath – Alan Lee
The final episode of Season 6 and The Silmarillion part of the series will be another feature-length film like Wrath, around 90 – 120 minutes in length, theoretically. It will cover the entire War of the Last Alliance. The war will have to be simplified to fit in with time constraints so not all seven years of the Siege of Barad-Dur will be detailed fully. Several events leading up to and after the war will be streamlined as well.
- Gil-Galad and Cirdan’s army meets with Elendil and Isildur’s army at Amon Sul
- The Last Alliance camps in Rivendell.
- Elrond sends out riders to Khazad-Dum, Lothlorien and Greenwood.
- Isildur says farewell to his wife and youngest son.
- The Last Alliance crosses the Misty Mountains and meets with the armies of Amdir of Lothlorien, Oropher of Greenwood and the dwarves of Khazad-Dum.
- Anarion confers with Elendil through the Palantir.
- Sauron watches the armies gather through the Palantir stolen from Minas Ithil.
- Anarion’s army marches north.
- The Last Alliance halts in front of the Black Gate. They are joined by Anarion. Isildur curses the men who did not honour their oath.
- Sauron’s army attacks. Gil-Galad orders the lines to hold. Amdir and Oropher refuse to take orders from the Noldor and attack the orcs. Oropher is killed and Amdir is forced to flee, later drowning in the marshes.
- Thranduil takes command of the Greenwood army.
- Gil-Galad and Elendil defeat Sauron’s first wave and besiege the Black Gate. They manage to climb it and open it. They enter Mordor.
- The Last Alliance march to Barad-Dur. They set up camp upon Gorgoroth.
- Elendil challenges Sauron to come forth. In response Sauron sends fire raining down from Barad-Dur.
- Elendil orders siege weapons to break down Barad-Dur’s gates and towers, but the tower is too strong to be broken.
- Anarion is killed by a rock thrown from the tower.
- All of Sauron’s forces flee the battle. Elendil challenges Sauron once more.
- Sauron leads his last forces out of the tower, breaking through the lines.
- Sauron destroys hundreds of elves and men before reaching Elendil and Gil-Galad.
- Elendil and Gil-Galad duel with Sauron. Elendil runs Sauron through with Narsil but is cast off, Narsil breaking under him. Gil-Galad then pierces Sauron’s neck with Aeglos, but is crushed and burned by Sauron’s body.
- Isildur takes the hilt of Narsil and cuts the Ring from Sauron’s hand, destroying his body.
- Barad-Dur’s tower falls, but its foundations remain.
- The remaining orcs and Easterlings flee.
- Elrond and Cirdan order Isildur to destroy the Ring, but he chooses not to.
- The thousands of dead are buried at Dagorlad.
- Cirdan offers Elrond the title of High King of the Noldor. Elrond does not take it. The Noldor are left without a King.
- The White Tree is planted.
- Isildur is killed while journeying back to Arnor. The Ring is lost.
- Ohtar brings the shards of Narsil to Rivendell. Elrond takes care of Isildur’s youngest son.
- Elrond marries Celebrian
- Gandalf, Saruman and Radagast arrive. They are greeted by Cirdan and Glorfindel.
- The Blue Wizards journey East, never to return.
- Sauron’s spirit reforms.
First Appearances – Gandalf (Istari), Saruman (Istari), Radagast
Deaths – Elendil, Gil-Galad, Isildur, Anarion, Oropher, Amdir, Elendur, Aratan. Ciryan
- Sauron – War of the Last Alliance – Matt DeMino
- Elf Last Alliance – Angel Falto
- The Battle of Dagorlad – Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Dir, Peter Jackson. New Line Cinema.
- Battle of the Last Alliance – entar0178
- I Behold – Abe Papakhian
- Isildur and the Ring – Abe Papakhian
- Istari Arrival on Ship – Alice Falto
- Galadriel and the survivors of Doriath reach the Havens.
- Elwing and the Silmaril are brought to Cirdan and Gil-Galad. The people of Doriath are permitted to stay.
- The survivors of Gondolin come out of the mountains. There they make a feast in memory of those fallen.
- Tuor and Idril lead the people on down the river, heading for The Havens.
- Morgoth considers himself victorious. He cares not for the Sons of Feanor and considers the elves leaderless and defeated.
- Ulmo rises out of the waters and goes to speak with Manwe.
- Ulmo calls on Manwe to forgive the elves and save them from Morgoth. Manwe will not do so until they plead for pardon and relinquish all claim of the Silmarils.
- Spies tell Maedhros of the Silmaril at the Havens. He talks with his brothers about it.
- Maedhros chooses to forswear the Oath.
- Tuor and his followers reach the Havens.
- They tell Cirdan and Gil-Galad of the Fall of Gondolin and death of Turgon. Gil-Galad is crowned High King of the Noldor.
- Earendil meets Elwing for the first time.
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ and ‘Of the Voyage of Earendil and the War of Wrath’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Wanderings of Hurin and Other Writings’ from The War of the Jewels.
- Family – Liga Klavina
- Melkor – Thomas Ruillard
- Ulmo Lord of the Seas – Daniel Govar
(15 years later)
- Cirdan and Gil-Galad live on the Isle of Balar. Tuor and Earendil lead the people of the Havens.
- Earendil and Elwing wed.
- Tuor builds a ship in secret. He reveals to Idril he can no longer bear the longing for the sea that he has had since his meeting with Ulmo.
- Tuor meets with Cirdan and Gil-Galad, revealing his intentions to sail away and leave lordship of the Havens to Earendil.
- Tuor and Idril hold a feast where they announce their leave. In the morning they say goodbye to Earendil and Elwing and leave in their ship.
- Earendil meets with Cirdan about the possibility of sailing to Valinor. He is told of their previous attempts.
- Cirdan however, agrees to help build Earendil a ship.
- Many years pass. Elwing gives birth to twin sons, Elrond and Elros.
- Earendil and Cirdan build their ship, Vingilot, upon which Earendil sails through many seas and to many isles.
- Earendil returns to the Havens, where he stays with his sons for a while, but not long. He meets with Cirdan again and leaves to search for Valinor.
- Earendil with his small crew searches in vain for Valinor and Tuor.
- Maedhros hunts in the wild, but ever his Oath torments him. He returns to Amon Ereb and calls Maglor and Amras to their oaths once more.
- Maedhros sends messengers to the Havens of friendship, asking for them to yield the Silmaril.
- Elwing refuses to yield the Silmaril, not while Earendil is at sea.
- Maedhros will not wait any longer. He, with his brothers and followers, set out for The Havens.
First Appearance – Elros, Aerandir, Erellont, Falathar
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ and ‘The Voyage of Earendil and the War of Wrath’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Wanderings of Hurin and Other Writings’ from The War of the Jewels.
- Earendil the Mariner – Ted Nasmith
- Elwing and Earendil – zdrava
- Vingilot – Billy Masig
- But Elwing Was Not With Him – Dapplehack
- Elwing sends ships out to find Earendil before Maedhros comes upon them.
- Earendil is repelled several times by strong winds and fierce storms.
- He turns towards home, giving up hope of finding Valinor or his father.
- Maedhros comes down upon the Havens harshly and suddenly. He slays many elves himself, demanding the Silmaril be brought to him.
- Some of Maedhros’ followers stand side, unable to witness the cruelty of the slayings.
- Some of Maedhros’ followers go so far as to stand against Maedhros and his brothers. They refuse to kill Elwing or take the Silmaril from her. Instead they tell her to flee. They are all slain by the Sons of Feanor, although Amras is slain in their attack.
- Elwing casts herself into the sea with the Silmaril rather than let Maedhros have it.
- Maedhros and Maglor come into the house of Earendil. They there find Elrond and Elros.
- Maglor takes pity on the twins and convinces Maedhros to spare them. They take the twins captive.
- Ulmo bears Elwing out of the waves. He sends her in the form of a great white bird over the sea with the Silmaril on her breast.
- The white bird falls from the sky into Vingilot. Earendil sees the Silmaril and wonders.
- In the morning Earendil finds Elwing lying next to him, asleep.
- Earendil learns of the attack and curses himself for not being there to defend his people.
- Giving up his sons for dead, Earendil turns his ship around, heading towards Valinor once more.
- Cirdan and Gil-Galad reach the Havens too late. They bring the remaining survivors, including Galadriel and Celeborn, back with them to the Isle of Balar.
- Maglor grows fond of Elrond and Elros and begins teaching them how to play music. In his heart he grows weary of the Oath and the pain it has brought upon the world.
Death – Amras
Adapted from chapters ‘The Voyage of Earendil and the War of Wrath’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The Wanderings of Hurin and Other Writings’ from The War of the Jewels.
- Let the Havens Burn – Karolina Wegrzyn
- Earendil’s Ship – John Howe
- Maedhros at the Kinslaying – Jenny Dolfen
- And Maglor Took Pity Upon Them – Catherine Chmiel
- Earendil the Mariner – Jenny Dolfen
- Little Half-elf – Tuuliky