- Elwing sends ships out to find Earendil before Maedhros comes upon them.
- Earendil is repelled several times by strong winds and fierce storms.
- He turns towards home, giving up hope of finding Valinor or his father.
- Maedhros comes down upon the Havens harshly and suddenly. He slays many elves himself, demanding the Silmaril be brought to him.
- Some of Maedhros’ followers stand side, unable to witness the cruelty of the slayings.
- Some of Maedhros’ followers go so far as to stand against Maedhros and his brothers. They refuse to kill Elwing or take the Silmaril from her. Instead they tell her to flee. They are all slain by the Sons of Feanor, although Amras is slain in their attack.
- Elwing casts herself into the sea with the Silmaril rather than let Maedhros have it.
- Maedhros and Maglor come into the house of Earendil. They there find Elrond and Elros.
- Maglor takes pity on the twins and convinces Maedhros to spare them. They take the twins captive.
- Ulmo bears Elwing out of the waves. He sends her in the form of a great white bird over the sea with the Silmaril on her breast.
- The white bird falls from the sky into Vingilot. Earendil sees the Silmaril and wonders.
- In the morning Earendil finds Elwing lying next to him, asleep.
- Earendil learns of the attack and curses himself for not being there to defend his people.
- Giving up his sons for dead, Earendil turns his ship around, heading towards Valinor once more.
- Cirdan and Gil-Galad reach the Havens too late. They bring the remaining survivors, including Galadriel and Celeborn, back with them to the Isle of Balar.
- Maglor grows fond of Elrond and Elros and begins teaching them how to play music. In his heart he grows weary of the Oath and the pain it has brought upon the world.
Death – Amras
Adapted from chapters ‘The Voyage of Earendil and the War of Wrath’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The Wanderings of Hurin and Other Writings’ from The War of the Jewels.
- Let the Havens Burn – Karolina Wegrzyn
- Earendil’s Ship – John Howe
- Maedhros at the Kinslaying – Jenny Dolfen
- And Maglor Took Pity Upon Them – Catherine Chmiel
- Earendil the Mariner – Jenny Dolfen
- Little Half-elf – Tuuliky