- Merry and Pippin drive the last of the ruffians from the Shire.
- Sam plants the seed found in the box of Earth Galadriel found him.
- Over the next year, the Shire is rebuilt.
- Frodo falls ill in March, the anniversary of his poisoning.
- Merry and Pippin are hailed as heroes all over the Shire.
- Sam marries Rosie. They have a child, whom Frodo helps name Elanor.
- Galadriel and Gandalf come to Rivendell. With Elrond they decide it’s time to leave Middle-Earth.
- Elrond gives his sons their choice to go into the West or become mortal. They are undecided, but choose to stay for the time being.
- With Bilbo, Glorfindel and a few other Noldor, the keepers leave Rivendell for the last time.
- Frodo plans to go to Rivendell to see Bilbo. He gives Sam the keys to Bag End and the Red Book.
- They meet the keepers on the road.
The Grey Havens
- They pass the white towers Frodo dreamed of and come to the Grey Havens.
- Cirdan welcomes them at the gates. Gandalf is also there, with Merry and Pippin.
- Frodo reveals to Sam he is leaving Middle Earth with Bilbo. He says goodbye to his friends and leaves on the ship with the Ringbearers.
- Sam returns to Bag End, reuniting with Rosie and Elanor.
- Frodo sees the shores of Valinor, and the ship of Earendil.
- Frodo narrates the fates of the Fellowship.
- Sam becomes mayor and has thirteen children.
- Merry becomes Master of Buckland.
- Pippin becomes Thain.
- Aragorn reforms the Great Council, restores Orthanc and Ithilien, renews the Oath of Cirion and declares the Shire a free land.
- Aragorn stays in Annuminas and visits The Shire, he and Arwen have a son and several daughters.
- Gimli rebuilds the Gate of Minas Tirith.
- Legolas and Gimli visit the Glittering Caves and Ithilien. Gimli remains in Aglarond, becoming Lord of the Glittering Caves.
- Faramir and Eowyn wed. They rule Ithilien, with Beregond as Captain and Legolas helping to restore Ithilien to its former glory.
- The light of the elves diminish and the elven realms are eventually abandoned. Celeborn travels over the sea, taking with him the last memory of the Noldor.
- In old age, Eomer invites Merry and Pippin to Edoras. He dies and they move on to Gondor.
- Merry and Pippin die in Gondor. They are entombed beside Aragorn, after his death many years later.
- Arwen surrenders her life at Lothlorien.
- After Aragorn’s funeral, Legolas and Gimli sail down the Anduin.
- After Rosie’s death, Sam leaves the Red Book to Elanor.
The Grey Havens
- The boats of Legolas and Sam see the tower of Avallone and behold the white shores of Valinor, where old friends await.
First Appearances – Eldarion, Elanor
Deaths – Aragorn, Arwen, Eomer, Merry, Pippin, Rosie Cotton
Adapted from chapters ‘The Scouring of the Shire’ and ‘The Grey Havens’ and Appendices A and B of The Lord of the Rings.
- Departure at the Grey Havens – Ted Nasmith
- Hobbiton – Francesco Amadio
- Elves Leave Middle-earth – Araniart
- Grey Havens – Paul Lasaine
- Grey Havens – Francesco Amadio
- Sam and Rosie – Roger Garland
- Elessar – John Howe
- Aglarond – Glittering Caves – Iomehir
- Eowyn and Faramir – Matt Stewart
- Aragorn’s Tomb – Ben Curtis
- Legolas and Gimli Reach the Shores of Valinor – Ted Nasmith
The final episode of Season 6 and The Silmarillion part of the series will be another feature-length film like Wrath, around 90 – 120 minutes in length, theoretically. It will cover the entire War of the Last Alliance. The war will have to be simplified to fit in with time constraints so not all seven years of the Siege of Barad-Dur will be detailed fully. Several events leading up to and after the war will be streamlined as well.
- Gil-Galad and Cirdan’s army meets with Elendil and Isildur’s army at Amon Sul
- The Last Alliance camps in Rivendell.
- Elrond sends out riders to Khazad-Dum, Lothlorien and Greenwood.
- Isildur says farewell to his wife and youngest son.
- The Last Alliance crosses the Misty Mountains and meets with the armies of Amdir of Lothlorien, Oropher of Greenwood and the dwarves of Khazad-Dum.
- Anarion confers with Elendil through the Palantir.
- Sauron watches the armies gather through the Palantir stolen from Minas Ithil.
- Anarion’s army marches north.
- The Last Alliance halts in front of the Black Gate. They are joined by Anarion. Isildur curses the men who did not honour their oath.
- Sauron’s army attacks. Gil-Galad orders the lines to hold. Amdir and Oropher refuse to take orders from the Noldor and attack the orcs. Oropher is killed and Amdir is forced to flee, later drowning in the marshes.
- Thranduil takes command of the Greenwood army.
- Gil-Galad and Elendil defeat Sauron’s first wave and besiege the Black Gate. They manage to climb it and open it. They enter Mordor.
- The Last Alliance march to Barad-Dur. They set up camp upon Gorgoroth.
- Elendil challenges Sauron to come forth. In response Sauron sends fire raining down from Barad-Dur.
- Elendil orders siege weapons to break down Barad-Dur’s gates and towers, but the tower is too strong to be broken.
- Anarion is killed by a rock thrown from the tower.
- All of Sauron’s forces flee the battle. Elendil challenges Sauron once more.
- Sauron leads his last forces out of the tower, breaking through the lines.
- Sauron destroys hundreds of elves and men before reaching Elendil and Gil-Galad.
- Elendil and Gil-Galad duel with Sauron. Elendil runs Sauron through with Narsil but is cast off, Narsil breaking under him. Gil-Galad then pierces Sauron’s neck with Aeglos, but is crushed and burned by Sauron’s body.
- Isildur takes the hilt of Narsil and cuts the Ring from Sauron’s hand, destroying his body.
- Barad-Dur’s tower falls, but its foundations remain.
- The remaining orcs and Easterlings flee.
- Elrond and Cirdan order Isildur to destroy the Ring, but he chooses not to.
- The thousands of dead are buried at Dagorlad.
- Cirdan offers Elrond the title of High King of the Noldor. Elrond does not take it. The Noldor are left without a King.
- The White Tree is planted.
- Isildur is killed while journeying back to Arnor. The Ring is lost.
- Ohtar brings the shards of Narsil to Rivendell. Elrond takes care of Isildur’s youngest son.
- Elrond marries Celebrian
- Gandalf, Saruman and Radagast arrive. They are greeted by Cirdan and Glorfindel.
- The Blue Wizards journey East, never to return.
- Sauron’s spirit reforms.
First Appearances – Gandalf (Istari), Saruman (Istari), Radagast
Deaths – Elendil, Gil-Galad, Isildur, Anarion, Oropher, Amdir, Elendur, Aratan. Ciryan
- Sauron – War of the Last Alliance – Matt DeMino
- Elf Last Alliance – Angel Falto
- The Battle of Dagorlad – Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Dir, Peter Jackson. New Line Cinema.
- Battle of the Last Alliance – entar0178
- I Behold – Abe Papakhian
- Isildur and the Ring – Abe Papakhian
- Istari Arrival on Ship – Alice Falto
Season 5 will be the last season covering Quenta Silmarillion and the First Age. All major stories of Beleriand will be tied up and Maglor’s tales will end with the reveal of the full relationship between he and Elrond and the events that led to their meeting. Season 5 covers Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin, Earendil and the War of Wrath as well as the Second and Third Kinslayings in Doriath and the Havens of Sirion. The last episode and climax of the First Age is outlined as a feature-length film. Unfortunately many details of the War of Wrath itself have to be created for the series as there is precious little descriptions in the published text.
- Maglor returns to the sea, passing by a familiar hill. Elrond catches up with him, demanding to know the full story of his father, the Oath and their time together. Elrond believes he is owed an explanation of Maglor’s actions, something he believes he did not get when he was young.
- Turgon meets with Tuor and appoints him leader of the House of the Swan Wing.
- Idril walks through the city with a young Earendil.
- Maeglin leaves Gondolin for the mines.
- Celegorm urges an attack on Doriath. Maedhros refuses and instead sends a demand for it to be returned.
- Dior rules Doriath while raising his two sons and his daughter.
- Dior receives the demand for the Silmaril. As an insult to the sons of Feanor, he chooses to send no answer.
- Unwilling to await the wrath of Maedhros, Galadriel wishes to leave with Celeborn for the Havens of Sirion.
- Morgoth reveals to Sauron that he knows the location of Gondolin from the cries of Hurin.
- Sauron sends out orcs to scout the mountains for an entrance to Gondolin.
The Havens of Sirion
- Cirdan sends ships to the west in an attempt to contact the Valar.
- After receiving no reply, Maedhros grants Celegorm leave to assemble a force to attack Doriath.
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Book of Lost Tales.
- The Harp No Longer Sings – Jenny Dolfen
- Maglor and Elrond – Mintkim
- Idril and Earendil – RobeleskaZeppelin
- The Nauglamir is Returned to Dior Eluchil – Paula DiSante
- Celegorm amasses a large amount of followers. He returns to Maedhros.
- Maedhros leads his brothers and their followers towards Doriath.
The Havens of Sirion
- Cirdan awaits word from the ships.
- Only one ship returns. It brings word that the other six were lost. The way to the west is closed.
- Idril confides in Tuor her unease. She believes peace will not last and that Maeglin is not to be trusted.
- Tuor begins constructing in secret a tunnel out of the city.
- Galadriel prepares to leave. She asks Dior to follow her.
- The sons of Feanor attack in the middle of the night.
- Dior has all elves retreat into the caves. He is spotted by Celegorm and pursued.
- Dior gives the Nauglamir to Elwing and has guards escort her out.
- Celegorm is killed by Dior, who is then killed along with his wife by Curufin.
- Curufin and Caranthir die by the hands of Celeborn and his guards.
- Galadriel gathers followers, including Elwing, and escapes Menegroth.
- The rest of the elves in Menegroth are slaughtered.
- The followers of Celegorm capture Elured and Elurin, leaving them to starve in the forest.
- Sauron’s scouts come across Maeglin. Maeglin is taken prisoner.
- Maedhros searches for the Silmaril, but neither he nor his brothers or followers can find it.
- Celegorm’s followers return, telling Maedhros of their capture of the twins.
- Maedhros gives up the search for the Silmaril and goes into the forest to search for Elured and Elurin.
- Elured and Elurin come across Maedhros, but hide away from him.
Deaths – Dior, Nimloth, Nellas, Celegorm, Caranthir, Curufin
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Book of Lost Tales.
- The Death of Curufin – Jenny Dolfen
- Idril Tuor Maeglin – Catherine Chmiel
- Death in Doriath – Svetlana Nikonova
- Maeglin Taken Prisoner by Orcs – Catherine Chmiel
- Maedhros Searching for the Sons of Dior – Jenny Dolfen
- Galadriel and the survivors of Doriath reach the Havens.
- Elwing and the Silmaril are brought to Cirdan and Gil-Galad. The people of Doriath are permitted to stay.
- The survivors of Gondolin come out of the mountains. There they make a feast in memory of those fallen.
- Tuor and Idril lead the people on down the river, heading for The Havens.
- Morgoth considers himself victorious. He cares not for the Sons of Feanor and considers the elves leaderless and defeated.
- Ulmo rises out of the waters and goes to speak with Manwe.
- Ulmo calls on Manwe to forgive the elves and save them from Morgoth. Manwe will not do so until they plead for pardon and relinquish all claim of the Silmarils.
- Spies tell Maedhros of the Silmaril at the Havens. He talks with his brothers about it.
- Maedhros chooses to forswear the Oath.
- Tuor and his followers reach the Havens.
- They tell Cirdan and Gil-Galad of the Fall of Gondolin and death of Turgon. Gil-Galad is crowned High King of the Noldor.
- Earendil meets Elwing for the first time.
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ and ‘Of the Voyage of Earendil and the War of Wrath’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Wanderings of Hurin and Other Writings’ from The War of the Jewels.
- Family – Liga Klavina
- Melkor – Thomas Ruillard
- Ulmo Lord of the Seas – Daniel Govar
(15 years later)
- Cirdan and Gil-Galad live on the Isle of Balar. Tuor and Earendil lead the people of the Havens.
- Earendil and Elwing wed.
- Tuor builds a ship in secret. He reveals to Idril he can no longer bear the longing for the sea that he has had since his meeting with Ulmo.
- Tuor meets with Cirdan and Gil-Galad, revealing his intentions to sail away and leave lordship of the Havens to Earendil.
- Tuor and Idril hold a feast where they announce their leave. In the morning they say goodbye to Earendil and Elwing and leave in their ship.
- Earendil meets with Cirdan about the possibility of sailing to Valinor. He is told of their previous attempts.
- Cirdan however, agrees to help build Earendil a ship.
- Many years pass. Elwing gives birth to twin sons, Elrond and Elros.
- Earendil and Cirdan build their ship, Vingilot, upon which Earendil sails through many seas and to many isles.
- Earendil returns to the Havens, where he stays with his sons for a while, but not long. He meets with Cirdan again and leaves to search for Valinor.
- Earendil with his small crew searches in vain for Valinor and Tuor.
- Maedhros hunts in the wild, but ever his Oath torments him. He returns to Amon Ereb and calls Maglor and Amras to their oaths once more.
- Maedhros sends messengers to the Havens of friendship, asking for them to yield the Silmaril.
- Elwing refuses to yield the Silmaril, not while Earendil is at sea.
- Maedhros will not wait any longer. He, with his brothers and followers, set out for The Havens.
First Appearance – Elros, Aerandir, Erellont, Falathar
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ and ‘The Voyage of Earendil and the War of Wrath’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Wanderings of Hurin and Other Writings’ from The War of the Jewels.
- Earendil the Mariner – Ted Nasmith
- Elwing and Earendil – zdrava
- Vingilot – Billy Masig
- But Elwing Was Not With Him – Dapplehack