Prologue – Utumno (Y.T. 1099-1100)
Tulkas and the Valar wage war on Melkor. Utumno is destroyed and Melkor is imprisoned.
Valinor (Y.T. 1496)
- Aule begins work on the Sun and Moon.
- Feanor and the first host head to Aqualonde
- Fingon and his host go second, while Fingolfin and his sons are the last to leave Tirion
- From afar, a great Eagle follows them.
- Feanor and his sons try and persuade the Teleri to give him their ships. The Teleri refuse to go against the Valar.
- The Noldor steal some ships, but the Teleri throw them off into the harbour. The Noldor and Teleri join in battle.
- Galadriel tries to intervene. When her pleas are ignored, she fights for the Teleri.
- Fingon and his host come to Alqualonde and join the fight under assumption that the Teleri attacked Feanor.
- Finarfin and Fingolfin arrive and Feanor lies to them about the Kinslaying.
- Feanor and his men take the ships. Fingolfin and Finarfin travel north along the coast on foot.
- Mandos appears on the mountains and proclaims the Doom of the Noldor.
- Hearing the truth, Finarfin takes his host and turns back to Valinor. His children remain with Fingolfin.
- Morgoth and Ungoliant cross the Helcaraxe into Middle Earth
First Appearances – Sauron, Gothmog, Olwe, Thorondor
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor’, ‘Of the Sun and Moon’ and ‘Of the Flight of the Noldor’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales.
- The First Kinslaying – Ted Nasmith
- The Valiant Incoming – Ninni-V
- Alqualonde – Thomas Rouillard
- Helcaraxe – Andrew Mockett
Prologue – Arda (Y.T 1050-1105)
The Awakening of the Elves and their journey to Valinor, Finwe leads the Noldor while Elwe leads the Teleri and stays in Middle-Earth
Beleriand (Y.T. 1497)
- Morgoth and Ungoliant reach Middle-Earth. Once in sight of Angband, Ungoliant turns on Morgoth demanding the Silmarils. Ungoliant attacks him, and his scream reaches Gothmog and the balrogs, who rescue him. Ungoliant flees.
- Feanor speaks with Fingolfin. He will sail across the sea to Middle-Earth and send the ships back for Fingolfin.
- Feanor burns the ships. However he leaves his son on the ships, accidentally burning him alive.
- Maedhros refuses to take part in the burning, as his friend Fingon was still in Aman.
- The Teleri question Galadriel.
- Galadriel decides to leave Valinor. With Celeborn she sails over the sea to Middle-earth.
- Fingolfin sees the smoke of the ships from afar. Refusing to turn back, he leads his people through the ice desert of Helcaraxe.
- They push on through the ice desert, though many die. Turgon loses his wife Elenwe when she falls under the ice.
Deaths – Amrod, Elenwe
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor’ and ‘Of the Flight of the Noldor’ from The Silmarillion.
- Across the Grinding Ice – Lyra
- Osse and Teleri – Steamey
- Ungoliant Demands the Silmarils – Ted Nasmith
- Burning of the White Ships at Losgar – Jenny Dolfen
- Death of Elenwe – mintkim
The Battle-under-Stars and the Battle of Lammoth have been combined.
Prologue – Angband (Y.T. 1300-1400)
Sauron and the Balrogs create orcs, born from tortured elves. Melkor returns and Sauron welcomes him.
Lammoth (Y.T. 1497)
- Fingolfin’s army arrives as the sun first rises. They are attacked by the orcs of Morgoth as they arrive. Fingolfin’s son Argon cuts his way through the orcs and slays their leader. He is surrounded and killed.
- Fingolfin manages to drive off the rest of the orcs. They press on towards Thangorodrim.
- Feanor fights the balrogs head on. He manages to slay several.
- Eventually Feanor is alone on the battlefield. He is wounded several times by Gothmog but continues fighting.
- Feanor’s sons come down on the balrogs before Feanor is killed. They drive them off and carry Feanor from the battlefield.
- During the battle Maedhros is captured by Gothmog.
- Feanor looks upon Thangorodrim from afar and curses Angband thrice. As he dies his body burns to ashes.
- Fingolfin reaches Angband and forces the remaining army of Morgoth behind their gates. Despite their efforts they know they cannot destroy Angband with force.
- Maedhros is brought before Morgoth. Morgoth imprisons him on Thangorodrim. Hanging him by the wrist upon the mountain.
- Feanor’s sons meet Fingolfin’s host again on the shores of Mithrim
- Maglor recounts that they were still bound by the Oath of Feanor.
- Thingol permits Galadriel and Celeborn to stay, as they are both Teleri in nature.
- Thingol and Melian climb to the top of the forest. There Melian sets a great fog to conceal Doriath from Morgoth, called the Girdle of Melian.
- Elrond asks Maglor to come to Rivendell, but he refuses. Elrond watches as Maglor slowly wanders off down the coastline.
Deaths – Feanor, Argon
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Coming of Elves and the Captivity of Melkor’, ‘Of the Sindar’, ‘Of the Sun and Moon’ and ‘Of the Return of the Noldor’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Shibboleth of Feanor’ from The Peoples of Middle-earth.
- Thangorodrim – ?
- Feanor vs Gothmog, Lord of the Balrogs – bobgreyvenstein
- Maedhros Capture by Orcs – Jenny Dolfen
- Maglor’s Fate by the Sea – Jenny Dolfren