- Amandil comes to the Shadowy Seas, where fierce storms await him.
- Elendil prepares nine ships to sail to Middle-Earth. The people and possessions of Romenna are put upon them, including the young White Tree and the Palantiri.
- Giant thunderstorms and earthquakes strike the island. Ar-Pharazon claims it is the Valar striking first.
- Elendil and his sons await a sign from the west, but none comes.
- Giant clouds shaped like Eagles spread over Numenor.
- Lightning strikes down men in the streets and destroys the dome of the Temple of Melkor. But Sauron defies the lightning and stands in the temple unharmed
- Elendil recognises the weather as not of the Valar, but of Eru himself.
- Ar-Pharazon and Sauron board their ship and sound the trumpets. The fleet sets sail into the west. Slaves row against the wind.
- The fleet surrounds Tol Eressea.
- Elendil and his followers find the morning calm.
- Ar-Pharazon reaches the shores of Aman and sees the peak of Taniquetil.
- Manwe ascends to the very peak of Taniquetil and calls upon Eru.
- Ar-Pharazon becomes afraid and wishes to retreat. Sauron reinforces their mission. Ar-Pharazon steps onto the shores of Valinor and his army follows.
- The Numenoreans find Tirion empty. Ar-Pharazon claims the land for himself if no other will challenge him.
- The world shakes and a great rift opens to the west of Numenor.
- The destruction is felt as far away as Lindon, Eregion and Lothlorien.
- The Numenorean fleet is drawn into the great rift.
- The hills and mountains around Tirion come down upon the armies of Ar-Pharazon.
- The lights of Valinor disappear from the sight of Numenor.
- Fire erupts from Meneltarma. Earthquakes rock the island and the hills collapse.
- Elendil orders the nine ships to set sail.
- Tidal waves crash over the island. Numenor itself, with all it’s children, sinks into the sea.
- The Faithful look upon the destruction from their ships.
- Sauron emerges from the water in spirit form and begins to make his way back to Middle-Earth.
Deaths – Ar-Pharazon, Miriel
- The Fall of Numenoreans – PyramideMarciana
- The Eagles of Manwe – Ted Nasmith
- The Great Armament – Rado Javor
- Manwe Sulimo – GustavoMalek
- New Land – Rado Javor
- The Fall of Numenor – Darrell Sweet
- Akallabeth – Grrrod
- Elendil and his sons fight against the winds. They are separated.
- The White Council meet again to discuss the Breaking of the World.
- Elendil’s ships arrive on the shores of Lindon.
- Elendil meets with Gil-Galad and the Council and tells them of the Downfall of Numenor.
- Sauron rises from the sea in physical form.
- Isildur and Anarion’s ships come to the Mouths of Anduin. They sail up the Anduin until they reach Pelargir.
- Gil-Galad guides Elendil up the river Lhun. Here Elendil finds settlements of Numenoreans. He and his followers settle here, calling their land Arnor.
- Anarion travels to the North, where he finds his father.
- (Building of Annuminas, Minas Ithil, Minas Anor and Osgiliath)
- The Palantiri are placed all other Middle-Earth.
- Sauron returns to Barad-Dur and wears the One Ring. Mount Doom erupts.
First Appearances – Aratan, Ciryan, Valandil
- Annuminas – Lord of the Rings Online, Turbine, Inc.
- Ships of the Faithful – Ted Nasmith
- Pelargir – ?
- Osgiliath – Alan Lee
The final episode of Season 6 and The Silmarillion part of the series will be another feature-length film like Wrath, around 90 – 120 minutes in length, theoretically. It will cover the entire War of the Last Alliance. The war will have to be simplified to fit in with time constraints so not all seven years of the Siege of Barad-Dur will be detailed fully. Several events leading up to and after the war will be streamlined as well.
- Gil-Galad and Cirdan’s army meets with Elendil and Isildur’s army at Amon Sul
- The Last Alliance camps in Rivendell.
- Elrond sends out riders to Khazad-Dum, Lothlorien and Greenwood.
- Isildur says farewell to his wife and youngest son.
- The Last Alliance crosses the Misty Mountains and meets with the armies of Amdir of Lothlorien, Oropher of Greenwood and the dwarves of Khazad-Dum.
- Anarion confers with Elendil through the Palantir.
- Sauron watches the armies gather through the Palantir stolen from Minas Ithil.
- Anarion’s army marches north.
- The Last Alliance halts in front of the Black Gate. They are joined by Anarion. Isildur curses the men who did not honour their oath.
- Sauron’s army attacks. Gil-Galad orders the lines to hold. Amdir and Oropher refuse to take orders from the Noldor and attack the orcs. Oropher is killed and Amdir is forced to flee, later drowning in the marshes.
- Thranduil takes command of the Greenwood army.
- Gil-Galad and Elendil defeat Sauron’s first wave and besiege the Black Gate. They manage to climb it and open it. They enter Mordor.
- The Last Alliance march to Barad-Dur. They set up camp upon Gorgoroth.
- Elendil challenges Sauron to come forth. In response Sauron sends fire raining down from Barad-Dur.
- Elendil orders siege weapons to break down Barad-Dur’s gates and towers, but the tower is too strong to be broken.
- Anarion is killed by a rock thrown from the tower.
- All of Sauron’s forces flee the battle. Elendil challenges Sauron once more.
- Sauron leads his last forces out of the tower, breaking through the lines.
- Sauron destroys hundreds of elves and men before reaching Elendil and Gil-Galad.
- Elendil and Gil-Galad duel with Sauron. Elendil runs Sauron through with Narsil but is cast off, Narsil breaking under him. Gil-Galad then pierces Sauron’s neck with Aeglos, but is crushed and burned by Sauron’s body.
- Isildur takes the hilt of Narsil and cuts the Ring from Sauron’s hand, destroying his body.
- Barad-Dur’s tower falls, but its foundations remain.
- The remaining orcs and Easterlings flee.
- Elrond and Cirdan order Isildur to destroy the Ring, but he chooses not to.
- The thousands of dead are buried at Dagorlad.
- Cirdan offers Elrond the title of High King of the Noldor. Elrond does not take it. The Noldor are left without a King.
- The White Tree is planted.
- Isildur is killed while journeying back to Arnor. The Ring is lost.
- Ohtar brings the shards of Narsil to Rivendell. Elrond takes care of Isildur’s youngest son.
- Elrond marries Celebrian
- Gandalf, Saruman and Radagast arrive. They are greeted by Cirdan and Glorfindel.
- The Blue Wizards journey East, never to return.
- Sauron’s spirit reforms.
First Appearances – Gandalf (Istari), Saruman (Istari), Radagast
Deaths – Elendil, Gil-Galad, Isildur, Anarion, Oropher, Amdir, Elendur, Aratan. Ciryan
- Sauron – War of the Last Alliance – Matt DeMino
- Elf Last Alliance – Angel Falto
- The Battle of Dagorlad – Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Dir, Peter Jackson. New Line Cinema.
- Battle of the Last Alliance – entar0178
- I Behold – Abe Papakhian
- Isildur and the Ring – Abe Papakhian
- Istari Arrival on Ship – Alice Falto
Season 5 will be the last season covering Quenta Silmarillion and the First Age. All major stories of Beleriand will be tied up and Maglor’s tales will end with the reveal of the full relationship between he and Elrond and the events that led to their meeting. Season 5 covers Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin, Earendil and the War of Wrath as well as the Second and Third Kinslayings in Doriath and the Havens of Sirion. The last episode and climax of the First Age is outlined as a feature-length film. Unfortunately many details of the War of Wrath itself have to be created for the series as there is precious little descriptions in the published text.
- Maglor returns to the sea, passing by a familiar hill. Elrond catches up with him, demanding to know the full story of his father, the Oath and their time together. Elrond believes he is owed an explanation of Maglor’s actions, something he believes he did not get when he was young.
- Turgon meets with Tuor and appoints him leader of the House of the Swan Wing.
- Idril walks through the city with a young Earendil.
- Maeglin leaves Gondolin for the mines.
- Celegorm urges an attack on Doriath. Maedhros refuses and instead sends a demand for it to be returned.
- Dior rules Doriath while raising his two sons and his daughter.
- Dior receives the demand for the Silmaril. As an insult to the sons of Feanor, he chooses to send no answer.
- Unwilling to await the wrath of Maedhros, Galadriel wishes to leave with Celeborn for the Havens of Sirion.
- Morgoth reveals to Sauron that he knows the location of Gondolin from the cries of Hurin.
- Sauron sends out orcs to scout the mountains for an entrance to Gondolin.
The Havens of Sirion
- Cirdan sends ships to the west in an attempt to contact the Valar.
- After receiving no reply, Maedhros grants Celegorm leave to assemble a force to attack Doriath.
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Doriath’ and ‘Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin’ from The Silmarillion, ‘Of Tuor and His Coming to Gondolin’ from Unfinished Tales and ‘The Fall of Gondolin’ from The Book of Lost Tales.
- The Harp No Longer Sings – Jenny Dolfen
- Maglor and Elrond – Mintkim
- Idril and Earendil – RobeleskaZeppelin
- The Nauglamir is Returned to Dior Eluchil – Paula DiSante
- Earendil returns from his voyage to find Elwing in a white tower, built for them.
- Morgoth sees the new star in the west. He confides in Sauron that he assumes one must have made it through to Valinor, although he does not believe they will risk open war against him.
- Manwe calls up Ingwe of the Vanyar and Finarfin of the Noldor and orders them to prepare for war.
- Eonwe overlooks the building of a great host of ships by the Teleri.
- Ingwe and Finarfin gather their own forces
- The Teleri agree to build ships for the sake of Elwing, but refuse to take part in any battles.
- Eventually the Host of the Valar is prepared to sail to Middle Earth.
- Manwe and Ingwe stay behind. Manwe sends the Host with his blessing. Eonwe leads the Host over the sea.
- As the Host approaches Middle Earth, Eonwe orders the trumpets to be sounded. The Host is so many the sound can be heard all over Beleriand, reaching even to Angband.
- Morgoth hears the horns of the Valar. Afraid, he orders Sauron to prepare for war.
- Legions of orcs cross Anfauglith to meet the Host.
- Maedhros hears the horns. With Maglor, Elrond, Elros and others he rides forth to see the Host.
- Cirdan and Gil-Galad witness the great host sailing in towards Sirion.
- Eonwe lands at The Havens of Sirion. He sets up camp there with Finarfin.
- Galadriel finds Finarfin among the host.
- Cirdan arrives to speak with Eonwe. He pledges to fight for the Valar.
- The Teleri refuse to even set foot on Middle Earth.
- Maedhros and Maglor observe the Host from afar, but do not approach them.
First Appearances – Olorin, Curumo, Ingwion
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Voyage of Earendil and the War of Wrath’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The Tale of Earendel’ from The Book of Lost Tales and ‘The Last Chapters of the Quenta Silmarillion’ from The War of the Jewels.
- Vanyar – Angel Falto
- White Tower of Elwing – John Howe
- Eonwe – Saj-jie
- All the Others, Gone – Jenny Dolfen
The final episode of the Quenta Silmarillion series will have to be feature-length – between two and three hours long. It will be the War of Wrath in it’s entirety.
Unfortunately since the War of Wrath in the text covers but a few pages most of the content, like character and battle movements will have to be created for the series. All character stories and arcs for the First Age will have to be wrapped up.
- Galadriel and Finarfin discuss the past centuries, including Finrod, Angrod and Aegnor’s deaths and Finrod’s resurrection in Valinor.
- Eonwe readies the Host to march north.
- Morgoth orders Sauron to block all passes with tens of thousands of orcs, trolls and other monsters. He sends the remaining balrogs to guard the Pass of Sirion.
- Ingwion and the Vanyar capture Eglarest.
- The men of Brethil bear witness to the Host marching northwards.
- Eonwe asks them to join the Host. The men of Brethil not only join, but send out riders to their kin asking for more soldiers.
- Earendil observes the Host from the sky.
- Thorondor and the Eagles fly to Earendil. They give themselves over to Earendil’s command.
- Maedhros and Maglor continue to follow the Host.
- Finarfin and his army liberate the men of Dor-lomin, who promptly join their side.
- Eonwe and the Vanyar fight legions of orcs in the forests of Tuar-Nu-Fuin.
- The men and dwarves of the east heed the messages of the men of Brethil and come to join the fighting in Dorthonion.
- Ulmo, Orome and Tulkas fight off the balrogs amassed to guard the former Pass of Sirion.
- The Sirion floods due to the damage caused by the massive fighting between Ainur
- Massive fighting occurs all across Beleriand, with the Valar and the elves fighting to liberate the slaves and lands from Morgoth’s control.
- Eonwe gathers the forces from across the lands in Dorthonion, readying their attack on Angband.
- Sauron suggest Morgoth and he go forth to take on the Valar with their full might. Morgoth refuses to leave Angband, but sends Sauron out onto Anfauglith, emptying all Angband. The host assembled on the plain numbers in the millions.
- Maedhros and Maglor look upon the Host of Morgoth and despair. They retreat back.
- Earendil from his ship looks upon the ruins of Gondolin. He desends into Tumladen and calls the Eagles to him.
- The Host of the Valar is gathered on the edge of Anfauglith. Eonwe speaks on behalf of Manwe, leading the Valar, Maiar, Elves, Men and Dwarves toward Angband.
- The Great Battle begins.
- The balrogs are destroyed one by one until only a few remain. They flee.
- Eonwe battles Sauron and emerges victorious. Sauron retreats back into Angband.
- The elves and men gain the upper hand against the orcs. Easterlings march against the elves, killing many.
- Maedhros and Maglor watch the battle. Refusing to let their pride get the better of them once more, they ride in and join the battle, saving Finarfin.
- Sauron returns to Morgoth, saying the field is lost. Morgoth does not surrender, sending out his last hope – the winged dragons.
- Ancalagon the Black comes forth from Angband. Impossibly huge, he dwarfs even the peaks of Thangorodrim.
- Great thunder, lightning and fire from Thangorodrim accompanies the dragons. The field is set alight.
- Eonwe orders a retreat. Not even the might of Tulkas can stand against Ancalagon.
- Earendil comes forth with the Eagles, Vingilot shining with white flame. The men and elves recognise it as the Star of High Hope.
- The Eagles take down the dragons. The Host of the Valar goes forth once more, fighting among flame and ruin.
- Earendil with Thorondor battles Ancalagon. Eventually he throws down Ancalagon upon Thangorodrim, breaking the towers and the mountains of Angband. Dust and ash covers the entire battle.
- A great earthquake rips through Beleriand. Mountains fall and forests are drowned. A great number of people are killed in the waters.
- The Teleri witness the destruction from their ships. With the lands in front of them now under water, they sail northward, rescuing many caught in the waters.
- As the dust settles the orcs see the body of Ancalagon and the ruin of Angband. They flee. The Easterlings are forced to surrender.
- The Host hails Earendil.
- Eonwe sounds the trumpets once again. The Host of the Valar move forth to Angband.
- Sauron begs Morgoth to flee. Morgoth will not flee, sending Sauron away and thanking him for his service. Sauron flees Angband but is caught on the plains by Maedhros.
- The doors to Angband are broken and the Host floods in.
- Thousands of slaves are freed and reunite with their loved ones.
- Eonwe finds Morgoth cowering in the lowest dungeon of Angband. Morgoth begs for pardon but Eonwe cuts his feet from under him.
- Eonwe claims victory for all who have fallen, including Finwe and Feanor, Fingolfin and Fingon, Finrod and Turgon, Baragund and Barahir, Galdor and Gundor, Hurin and Huor, Turin and Nienor, Beren and Luthien.
- Tulkas chains Morgoth with Angainor, the same chain he was imprisoned with thousands of years ago.
- Eonwe cuts the Silmarils from Morgoth’s crown. Tulkas beats the crown into a collar for Morgoth’s neck.
- Earendil finds Elrond and Elros upon the battlefield. He tells them of his punishment, that he can no longer set foot on Middle Earth, and also of their choice between elves and men. He asks his sons to go to Valinor with the Host, but if they are to live on Middle-Earth not to stay with the Sons of Feanor. They say goodbye.
- Maedhros and Maglor confront Eonwe. They demand the Silmarils back to fulfil their Oath. Eonwe refuses, saying they have no right to the jewels because of their evil deeds and must return to Valinor and await judgment.
- Maglor desires to return, but Maedhros does not, prepared to face even the Host of Valinor to fulfil his Oath.
- Maedhros and Maglor disguise themselves and steal the Silmarils from Eonwe’s camp. The Host raises arms against them. Eonwe lets them go.
- Eonwe and Earendil lead the Host of the Valar back to Valinor upon the ships of the Teleri.
- Cirdan, Galadriel, Celeborn, Gil-Galad and Elrond do not go back upon the ships, instead choosing to journey into the east and found new settlements.
- Elros however, chooses to be counted among men and leads the Edain out of Beleriand.
- Earendil is reunited with Elwing.
- Morgoth is brought before Manwe. The Valar cast Morgoth out of the Door of Night.
- Maedhros cannot bear the pain of the Silmaril as it burns his hands. Despairing of his oath and his past deeds, he cries to his father and, clutching the Silmaril to his chest, casts himself into a chasm of fire.
- Maglor cannot bear the pain either and casts the Silmaril into the sea. He curses himself to walk alone upon the shores until the end of days.
- (Third Age) Elrond begs Maglor to forgive himself and return to dwell among the Noldor. Maglor cannot be at peace with his past actions and returns to walking alone.
(Post-Credits) Sauron finds the land of Mordor.
Deaths – Maedhros
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Voyage of Earendil and the War of Wrath’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The Tale of Earendel’ from The Book of Lost Tales and ‘The Last Chapters of the Quenta Silmarillion’ from The War of the Jewels.
- War of Wrath – Per Sjogren
- Vanyarin Army in the War of Wrath – ?
- The War of Wrath – Maureval
- Morgoth and His Host – D3SMMUN
- Lord of the Eagles – Tuuliky
- Ancalagon – ?
- Dragon of the First Age – rubendevela
- Leaving Beleriand – John Howe
- Tulkas Drags Melkor Out – Skullbastard
- Earendil the Mariner – John Howe
- Maedhros and Maglor Prepared to Defend Themselves and Die – Catherine Chmiel
- The Door of Night – John Howe
- It Ends in Flame – Jenny Dolfen
- Maglor Casts a Silmaril into the Sea – Ted Nasmith
Season three’s main story will the the Tale of Beren and Luthien. It also covers the Union of Maedhros and the Battle of Unnumbered Tears. Some years have been condensed to fit the structure of the episodes better. It covers roughly F.A. 457-472.
The episode descriptions begin to get longer, as the stories told are more descriptive in the text. Less original material would need to be created for the next few seasons, mainly only dialogue and a few character scenes.
This season is framed by Elrond and Maglor walking along the southern coast of Gondor, during the early years of Gondor’s history.
- Elrond accompanies Maglor on a journey along the south coast of Gondor. Maglor continues his tales of the First Age
- Luthien goes wandering with her friend Daeron in the woods. Daeron plays the flute and Luthien dances for him. Luthien knows he loves her, but she does not return his affections.
- Thingol and Melian speak about a suitable husband for Luthien.
- Morgoth surveys the realm with Sauron after the death of Fingolfin. Not yet content, he wants to proceed with the invasion of Beleriand. He orders Sauron to attack Minas Tirith.
- Barahir and his outlaws continue to live in Dorthonion. Finding an orc encampment, they raid and destroy it.
- At night, they themselves are raided. Several of his men are killed and so only 12 remain.
- They return to their lair by the Tarn Aeluin.
- Fingon takes up the seat of his father.
- Turgon looks over as more and more elves come to his hidden city, while he commands the Eagles to take out any of Morgoth’s servants who come too near.
- Hurin and Huor talk to Turgon about leaving Gondolin. Turgon agrees if they swear to him an oath of secrecy.
- As night falls, Orodreth and his people are overcome by fear.
- Hidden by nightfall, Sauron leads his forces in a surprise attack.
- Orodreth realises he is vastly outnumbered and flees with the rest of his people.
- Seeing his numbers bolstered by people fleeing Dorthonion, Maedhros prepares to take back the Pass of Aglon.
First Appearances – Thuringwethil, Celebrimbor, Beleg, Mablung
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin’ and ‘Of Beren and Luthien’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The Lay of Leithian’ from The Lays of Beleriand.
- Tol-in-Gaurhoth – Morgoth Belegruth
- Daeron and Luthien – Anke Eissman
- Hurin and Huor Approaching Gondolin – Donato Giancola
- Sauron the Deceiver – Skullbastard
- Barahir and his outlaws drive out a band of orcs from a cluster of towns in Dorthonion, freeing several people who lived there.
- Morgoth is furious at his forces for being unable to kill Barahir. He orders Sauron to go after them.
- Maedhros and Maglor ride forward to take back the Pass. It was scarcely guarded and they manage to do it quickly.
- Celegorm and Curufin come across Orodreth fleeing Minas Tirith. They destroy the orcs following them and suggest they head towards Nargothrond.
- Gorlim leaves the band at night, returning to look for his wife. He sees her in the window, but discovers it was a trap laid by Sauron. Sauron’s hunters torture him for information. After he refuses to give any, they promise to reunite him with his wife.
- Barahir sends Beren on a scouting mission to the East.
- Hurin and Huor depart Gondolin, returning to Dor-lomin.
- Gorlim is brought before Sauron. He agrees to give up Barahir if he is allowed a free life with his wife. After he hears the information, Sauron informs Gorlim his wife has long been dead and kills him.
- The wraith of Gorlim comes to Beren in his sleep, informing Beren of his betrayal. Beren rushes back.
- Sauron’s orcs, led by Drauglin, ambush Barahir and his men at their lair. The ten remaining men are slaughtered.
- Beren returns too late. He recovers his father’s ring, but refuses to grieve.
- Hurin and Huor return to Dor-lomin, where they are reunited with their father Galdor.
- Beren flees South to Doriath, where he comes across Luthien dancing in the woods.
First Appearances – Haldir, Hundar
Deaths – Barahir, Baragund, Belegund, Gorlim, Gildor, Radhruin, Dairuin, Gorlim, Urthel, Dagnir, Arthad
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin’ and ‘Of Beren and Luthien’ from The Silmarillion, ‘The Lay of Leithian’ from the Lays of Beleriand and ‘The Grey Annals’ from The War of the Jewels.
- Beren the Solitary Outlaw – peet
- Gorlim ill-fated – Kakomicly
- Hunting with the Great Hounds – Henning Janssen
- The Tale of Beren and Luthien – Unknown