Prologue – Eregion
Maglor tells of the Long Peace and the years of Elves and Men. A hundred years pass and both races have learned to live peacefully. He tells of the House of Haladin, saved by Haleth, who led her people in repelling an orc siege until Caranthir arrived with reinforcements. He also tells of the settlements in Ladros and Dor-lomin, and the giving of the Dragon Helm to Hador from Fingon, and the arrival of the Easterlings over the Blue Mountains.
- Morgoth looks upon his forces gathered in the depths of Angband. He tells Gothmog it is time.
- Finrod and Aegnor visit Andreth of the House of Beor. Finrod talks to her for a time, but she leaves to see Aegnor, whom she loves. Aegnor however, despite reciprocating her affections, refuses her advances.
- Finrod meets with Barahir, descendent of Beor about the Siege. He inspects Barahir’s soldiers and meets his son, Beren.
- Fingon and his forces patrol Ard-Galen near Angband. Suddenly, rivers of flame spew forth from Thangorodrim. Forced to retreat, Fingon rides to warn his father.
- Glaurung leads an army of balrogs and orcs over the plains. Angrod and Aegnor ride before them with Bregolas and his men, but they are slain with their forces.
- Fingon’s riders reach Fingolfin in Barad Eithel. Fingolfin sends out riders to call his armies to battle.
- Gil-Galad is sent by his mother to Cirdan in the Falas.
- Soon after, Barad Eithel is besieged.
- Barahir commands his men to take their people and retreat south. He takes his best men and rides East.
- Maglor’s horsemen are burned alive. Maglor retreats to Himring. Morgoth’s forces enter Beleriand.
Pass of Aglon
- The other sons of Feanor are defeated and driven back south of Doriath.
- Morgoth’s orcs control the north. They prepare further attacks and march on Minas Tirith.
First Appearances – Barahir, Beren, Bregolas, Belegund, Baragund, Hador, Gildor, Radhruin, Gorlim, Dairuin, Urthel, Gil-Galad, Emeldir, Haleth
Deaths – Aegnor, Angrod, Bregolas
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Beleriand and Its Realms’, ‘Of the Coming of Men Into the West’ and ‘The Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The Grey Annals’ from The War of the Jewels.
- Angrod and Aegnor in Dagor Bragollach – lilithran
- The Dragon Helm of Dor-lomin – Alan Lee
- Glaurung, the Black Wyrm – vaejoun