- Orodreth prepares his defences as orcs march on the fortress.
- Despite a massive siege, the walls and defences of Minas Tirith hold.
- The orcs advance on Himring in the East. Maedhros stands fast.
- When the orcs attack the elves fight back with valour. Eventually Maedhros’ fury is so great that the orcs flee before him. Himring holds.
- Hador receives Fingolfin’s summons and rides out. His young grandsons, Hurin and Huor, go with him
- Finrod rides to the aid of Minas Tirith.
- The fortress holds but the defenders are too few to hold out if the gates break.
- Finrod comes upon the army and smashes them, forcing them to retreat north.
- Orodreth leaves behind a small force and joins Finrod’s army, heading north.
- Fingon’s forces reach the nearly overrun fortress of Barad Eithel.
Vale of Sirion
- Coming across an orc party fleeing Minas Tirith, Hador’s forces are attacked. Hurin and Huor are separated from the army.
First Appearances – Hurin, Huor, Gundor, Gloredhel, Galdor
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin’ from the Silmarillion and ‘The Grey Annals’ from The War of the Jewels.
- The Battle of Sudden Flame – Filat
- Tears Unnumbered – Maedhros – Meisiluosi
- Aid on the Fens – Henning Janssen