- Frodo dreams of Gandalf and the balrog atop an endless stair, a frozen mountain peak.
- Boromir starts to stare at Frodo often.
- Sam and Frodo notice Gollum following in a log.
- At night, Gollum comes up to the boats. Frodo draws his sword, but then Aragorn attempts to catch him, scaring him off.
- The company come upon the rapids of Sarn Gebir. Orcs fire arrows from the eastern shore and a great, winged shape rises. Legolas takes it down with his bow.
- Boromir now argues to head for Minas Tirith, but Aragorn refuses.
- They pass the Argonath.
- Before the Falls of Rauros, they beach the boats near Amon Hen.
- Aragorn asks Frodo to decide their next course. Frodo wanders off to think.
- Boromir follows Frodo. He tries to convince Frodo to take the Ring to Gondor. When Frodo disagrees, Boromir tries to take the Ring. Frodo puts the Ring on and disappears. Boromir then regains his wits, weeping at his actions.
- Frodo runs to the top of Amon Hen, where he sees Barad-Dur and Sauron’s eye searching for him. He takes the Ring off, before deciding he must go to Mordor alone.
- Aragorn and the others debate their next move, before worrying about Frodo. Boromir comes back to the camp, revealing he scared Frodo away.
- Sam runs off with Aragorn going after him, sending Boromir to look after Merry and Pippin, who have also run off. Legolas and Gimli also go to search for Frodo.
- Aragorn stops Sam, saying there is danger near. He goes to the top of Amon Hen. Sam however, heads back to the boats.
- Aragorn comes across Saruman’s host of orcs. Legolas, Gimli, Merry and Pippin are also ambushed.
- Boromir comes to the aid of Merry and Pippin.
- Frodo, still invisible, escapes the orcs.
- Boromir sounds his horn. Legolas and Gimli come to Aragorn’s aid. They run to help Boromir.
- Boromir is pierced by arrows, but remains standing. He tries to save Merry and Pippin from being taken, but he falls at last.
- Aragorn comes across Boromir dying. Boromir admits he tried to take the Ring.
- Frodo reaches the boats. He begins to cross the river but Sam chases after him. As Sam struggles in the river, Frodo drags him on to the boat. They leave for Mordor together.
- Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli place Boromir’s body in a boat and send it down the falls. Instead of going after Frodo, they choose to chase after the orcs that took Merry and Pippin.
Death – Boromir
Adapted from chapters ‘The Great River’, ‘The Breaking of the Fellowship’ and ‘The Departure of Boromir’ of The Lord of the Rings.
- The Horn of Boromir – Matt Stewart
- Zirak-Zigil – John Howe
- Nightwatch – Anke Eissmann
- The Argonath – Ted Nasmith
- Frodo and Boromir – Anke Eissmann
- Parth Galen – Catherine Chmiel
- Boromir – John Howe
- The Departure of Boromir – Anke Eissmann