- Frodo dreams of Gandalf in the abyss, surrounded by darkness and nameless monsters.
- Gimli takes Frodo to look into the waters of the Mirrormere.
- Aragorn examines Sam and Frodo’s wounds, finding Frodo’s mithril coat.
- Aragorn leads them to Lothlorien, though Boromir is wary.
- Legolas tells the history of Lorien. Gimli is angered at the suggestion that the dwarves’ actions had threatened the surrounding lands.
- As the company enters the woods, they are stopped by Haldir.
- Haldir takes them up into their tree platforms. Soon after, orcs pass underneath.
- Haldir’s men kill the orcs. Frodo sees Gollum for a brief moment.
- Haldir takes them to Caras Galadhon. He forces Gimli to be blindfolded. When Gimli objects, Aragorn says they will all be blindfolded.
- Haldir removes their blindfolds. He takes Frodo and Sam up to a high platform overlooking the beauty of the forest.
- The company meet with Galadriel and Celeborn. Aragorn tells them of Gandalf’s demise. Celeborn blames the dwarves, but Galadriel says it is not their fault.
- Galadriel searches the hearts of the Fellowship.
- Aragorn daydreams about his time with Arwen in the forest. He also remembers his last meeting with his mother, Gilraen.
- The Fellowship, and the Lorien elves, grieve for Gandalf. Frodo writes a song in his memory.
- Galadriel soothes Gimli’s sorrows, using Khuzdul. Gimli attempts to compliment her, clumsily.
- Legolas and Gimli walk together in the woods, finding friendship instead of hate.
- Galadriel takes Frodo to the middle of her garden, Sam follows. She fills a basin there with water and bids Frodo to look. Sam looks first and sees the Shire destroyed. Frodo sees an old white man, ships, a white tower and a great eye.
- Galadriel tells them it is what may come to pass. She shows Frodo her ring. Frodo offers her the Ring, but after a dark vision she refuses.
- Aragorn tells the others they must continue. Boromir wants to go to Minas Tirith, not to destroy the Ring. Frodo does not wish to.
- Galadriel gives them all gifts. The Elfstone to Aragorn, the Phial to Frodo, belts and daggers to Boromir, Merry and Pippin, a box of earth to Sam, a bow to Legolas and three of her golden hairs to Gimli.
- Celeborn offers each of them to stay in Lorien, but they all choose to follow Frodo. He gives them lembas bread, rope and elven cloaks.
- In boats, they leave Lorien down the river Anduin.
- Saruman sends out Ugluk and the Uruk-Hai to track the Fellowship.
First Appearance – Ugluk
Adapted from Chapters ‘Lothlorien’, ‘The Mirror of Galadriel’ and ‘Farewell to Lorien’ of The Lord of the Rings.
- Farewell to Lothlorien – Alexandra V Bach
- Durin’s Stone – Matej Cadil
- Crossing Nimrodel – Anke Eissmann
- Frodo and Haldir in Lothlorien – Ted Nasmith
- First Meeting of Aragorn and Arwen – Anke Eissmann
- Mirror of Galadriel – Alan Lee
- Galadriel – Thomas Rouillard
- The Phial of Galadriel