Prologue – Valinor (Y.T. 1)
The Creation of the Two Trees. Maglor recounts to Elrond the names of the Valar.
Valinor (Y.T. 1495)
- The Valar try and reconcile Feanor and Fingolfin
- Feanor is invited to Valinor
- Fingolfin offers his hand to Feanor, recognising his place as eldest and heir of Finwe.
- Melkor and Ungoliant travel to Valinor.
- As Feanor and Fingolfin are being reconciled, Ungoliant destroys the two trees.
- Yavanna examines the Two Trees and finds only the light of the Silmarils can restore them.
- Orome and Tulkas go after Melkor with the Vanyar.
- Manwe asks Feanor to give them up, but he refuses.
- Messengers come from Formenos with news for Feanor
First Appearances – Glorfindel, Orodreth, Eonwe
Adapted from chapters ‘Valaquenta’, ‘Of the Beginning of Days’ and ‘Of the Darkening of Valinor’ from The Silmarillion.
- Two Trees of Valinor – MattBurton
- Yavanna’s Trees – Jacek Kopalski
- The Killing of the Trees – John Howe
Prologue – Valinor (Y.T. 1000)
Yavanna asks Manwe for protection, as she fears Elves, Men and Dwarves will destroy her plants and animals. Manwe gives her a vision of the Ents, who will protect them.
Formenos (Y.T. 1495)
- An impenetrable black fog falls over Formenos.
- Finwe alone goes out to face it. He is killed by Melkor.
- Melkor and Ungoliant force their way in and steal the Silmarils.
- Feanor names Melkor ‘Morgoth’
- Feanor gives an impassioned speech to the Noldor. He rebels against the Valar and leads the Noldor to Middle-Earth.
- The Noldor are convinced to go. Finrod and Fingon are among Feanor’s supporters, while Turgon and Glorfindel advise against it, but follow their families.
- Feanor gathers his sons and swears the Oath of Feanor, despite Fingolfin and Glorfindel’s objections. The Oath states they will fight anyone who withholds the Silmarils from the descendents of Feanor.
- Nerdanel refuses to follow Feanor. She begs for Amras and Amrod to be left with her. Feanor refuses.
- Finrod is forced to choose between his kin and his beloved Amarie of the Vanyar. He chooses to follow the Noldor.
- Against the Valar, the Noldor set out for Middle-Earth
First Appearance – Treebeard
Deaths – Finwe
Adapted from chapters ‘Of Aule and Yavanna’ and ‘Of the Flight of the Noldor’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The Grey Annals’ from The War of the Jewels.
- The Oath of Feanor – Jenny Dolfen
- The Oath of Feanor – Ted Nasmith
- The Parting of Lovers 2 – aautio
Prologue – Utumno (Y.T. 1099-1100)
Tulkas and the Valar wage war on Melkor. Utumno is destroyed and Melkor is imprisoned.
Valinor (Y.T. 1496)
- Aule begins work on the Sun and Moon.
- Feanor and the first host head to Aqualonde
- Fingon and his host go second, while Fingolfin and his sons are the last to leave Tirion
- From afar, a great Eagle follows them.
- Feanor and his sons try and persuade the Teleri to give him their ships. The Teleri refuse to go against the Valar.
- The Noldor steal some ships, but the Teleri throw them off into the harbour. The Noldor and Teleri join in battle.
- Galadriel tries to intervene. When her pleas are ignored, she fights for the Teleri.
- Fingon and his host come to Alqualonde and join the fight under assumption that the Teleri attacked Feanor.
- Finarfin and Fingolfin arrive and Feanor lies to them about the Kinslaying.
- Feanor and his men take the ships. Fingolfin and Finarfin travel north along the coast on foot.
- Mandos appears on the mountains and proclaims the Doom of the Noldor.
- Hearing the truth, Finarfin takes his host and turns back to Valinor. His children remain with Fingolfin.
- Morgoth and Ungoliant cross the Helcaraxe into Middle Earth
First Appearances – Sauron, Gothmog, Olwe, Thorondor
Adapted from chapters ‘Of the Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor’, ‘Of the Sun and Moon’ and ‘Of the Flight of the Noldor’ from The Silmarillion and ‘The History of Galadriel and Celeborn’ from Unfinished Tales.
- The First Kinslaying – Ted Nasmith
- The Valiant Incoming – Ninni-V
- Alqualonde – Thomas Rouillard
- Helcaraxe – Andrew Mockett