- Khamul the Ringwraith sends out armies to attack Lothlorien and the Woodland Realm.
- The army of Dol Guldor attacks Lothlorien. The army is repelled by Celeborn and the power of Galadriel’s ring.
- Sam awakes to find Faramir interrogating Frodo. Faramir alludes to the dream Boromir told of at Rivendell.
- Faramir suspects Frodo of betraying Boromir.
- Faramir confronts Frodo over Boromir’s death, revealing he has seen the funeral boat. Frodo does not believe Boromir is dead.
- Faramir cannot hold back his grief, asking for answers about Boromir’s death.
- Faramir decides to take them back to Minas Tirith.
- Frodo and Sam are blindfolded and taken west. Faramir asks questions about Isildur’s Bane, suspecting that Frodo carries it.
- Faramir removes their blindfolds and shows them the Window on the West.
- He tells them about the glory of Gondor, including fighting alongside Boromir. (flashback)
- Sam accidentally reveals Boromir tried to take the Ring. Frodo shows Faramir the Ring, but he has no interest in it. Frodo tells him of the quest to destroy it.
- Frodo and Sam go to sleep. Faramir recounts the battle of Osgiliath, where Boromir, Faramir and a company held the bridge against the Witch-King. The bridge was eventually destroyed. Only four survived.
- Faramir hears of Gollum in the river, waking Frodo and Sam.
- Faramir shows them Gollum. Frodo pleads for them not to kill him.
- Frodo persuades Gollum to come with him, but Faramir’s men capture him.
- Faramir interrogates Gollum, who does not co-operate. Frodo intervenes and Faramir trusts his judgment.
- Faramir takes them back to the road. He warns Frodo about Gollum and Minas Morgul, but Frodo says he must continue.
- Faramir leads his men back to Osgiliath.
- Gollum leads them on. From afar, they see the shape of the Morgul Valley and Minas Morgul.
- Sauron commands the Witch-King to lead the army to Minas Morgul and then to Gondor.
Adapted from chapters ‘The Window on the West’, ‘The Forbidden Pool’ and ‘Journey to the Cross-Roads’ and Appendix B of The Lord of the Rings.
- The Terrace at Henneth Annun – Ted Nasmith
- Khamul the Black Easterling – Unknown
- A Pert Servant – Anke Eissmann
- The Window on the West – Ted Nasmith
- The Forbidden Pool – Anke Eissmann
- Faramir Bids Farewell – Anke Eissman